Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Picture of the Week: Tile Floor on the Sidewalk

I recently came upon this scene and at first it puzzled me. 

But then I quickly realized this is where the barangay hall was. I am sure I have picture of it on my corrupted hard drive which I can no longer access. The story is that this barangay illegally erected a hall on the sidewalk. Then when Duterte issued a nationwide order to clear all obstructions it was dismantled. Except for the floor tiles! Apparently they are here for posterity.

But really think about this situation. The barangay was not content with erecting an illegal structure but they had to install tiles on the concrete sidewalk as if concrete was not good enough. It is rather obscene in the blatant waste of money and the brazen illegality of the whole endeavor in the first place. It's a shining example of Philippine politics at its most typical.

No comments:

Post a Comment