Monday, March 8, 2021

Coronavirus Questions: Why Is The Mail So Slow?

Ever since Duterte ordered Luzon to be locked down back in March 2020 the mail has been incredibly slow. Much slower than usual. Why is this the case? When no flights were allowed in or out of Manila that was understandable. But now there is simply no reason for the mail to lag months behind schedule. 

I ordered some books in August and again in October. The package I ordered in August entered the country on September 30th. It was not delivered to my local post office until December 3rd and to me until December 18th! 

Why did it sit in Manila for so long? Were they disinfecting it? 

The books I ordered in October arrived in the country in October which was pretty fast.

Other marks on the box indicate it arrived at my local post office on January 16th. It was then delivered to me on January 20th. Again, why? Why is PhilPost so slow? 

Another package I ordered in October arrived in Manila on the 14th of December, sat for I don't know how long until it was received at my local post office on the 25th of January, and finally delivered to me on March 2nd. 


Since the pandemic I have had several packages sent via UPS and they all arrived at my door within two weeks. So what is the problem? I asked the postman and he had no idea. There is no indication on these boxes that they were subjected to any tests and even if they were it shouldn't take several months for me to receive them once they arrive in the country.

Last year when Duterte shut down Luzon the mail stopped completely. That resulted in me not receiving a very important letter. I waited as long as I could but that letter was ultimately lost and I had to make a call and request it be resent via UPS. I got it two weeks later.

The mail being so slow is a real problem because the government is encouraging more online shopping. If the mail system is not properly working then online shopping is not going to work either. Without a smooth and quick process of placing an order and receiving it in a timely manner no one is going to want to shop online. But on the other hand it appears that many online sellers use couriers and not PhilPost. LBC, JRS, Ninja Van, and the like are all very efficient. PhilPost could learn a lot from those companies. If PhilPost were efficient they could bring in a lot of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment