Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Hi, My Name is...20

Here are some of the most interesting people you will ever meet in the Philippines. Just be sure to social distance!

Hi, my name is Junjun Guevara Quijano. I am a farmer in southern Cebu and I suffer from mental illness. One day I saw two girls washing their clothes and for no apparent reason I hacked them both to death. When their brother came to help I stabbed him. Then I stabbed myself.

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/415892/mentally-ill-farmer-hacks-3-minors-in-dalaguete

Three minors were stabbed by a 27-year-old farmer in Dalaguete town, southern Cebu on Tuesday morning, December 7, 2021.  

The suspect, who was said to be suffering from a mental illness, was identified by the police as Junjun Guevara Quijano, a resident of Barangay Tabon, which is a mountain barangay in Dalaguete. 

According to police reports, the suspect suddenly attacked the victims, 9 and 10 years old, who were just doing the laundry.  The incident happened at around 9:30 a.m. in Purok 2 in Barangay Tabon. 

The victim allegedly first hacked the two female victims several times “without apparent reason.” 

The third victim, 14, a male and a brother of the two female victims, tried to help his sisters but was also stabbed. 

Quijano stabbed himself afterward, police said.

Police confiscated a knife and bolo from the suspect. 

Hi, my name is Pa. It's been a few years since the mother of my children died during childbirth and ever since I've been living alone with my three daughters. One night I decided to rape my 12 year old daughter. But she went and told her grandparents what I had done. I ran and hid deep in the mountains but the cops still found me.


https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/416050/pa-jailed-accused-of-raping-own-daughter

A 46-year-old farmer from Balamban town in western Cebu is now behind bars after he was arrested for allegedly raping his 12-year-old daughter. 

They told police back then that the incident occurred sometime last July after the victim reported it to her adult family members. At that time, the suspect and his three daughters were still living in Brgy. Buanoy, said Ravanes. 

“The mother of his daughters was already dead. They were not married. She died after giving birth to their fourth child. Both did not make it,” Ravanes told reporters in Cebuano on Wednesday, December 8. 

“The suspect, a farmer, fled their home and hid in the mountains when he learned that his daughter reported the incident to her biological grandparents,” he added. 

According to the police official, the area where they located the suspect was isolated and can only be accessed by riding a habal-habal (motorcycle-for-hire) on the dirt road. 

“He was hiding deep in the hinterland village, and he was staying in a small hut,” said Ravanes in Cebuano.

Hi, my name is Crizzle Gwynn Maguad and this is my younger brother. I was at home with him and my cousin working on my school modules when I heard my brother scream from the other room. My cousin and I ran to see what was the matter. Three unknown men were stabbing him while he pleaded for mercy. They grabbed me and beat and stabbed me to death but my cousin was able to run away and lock herself in a room and ask for help on social media. The cops think it was a robbery.

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1162564

On Dec. 10, three unidentified men (not two as earlier reported) stabbed to death siblings Crizzle Gwynn, 18, and her younger brother, inside their house in Barangay Bagontapay around 2 p.m.

Another girl, the victims’ visiting cousin, managed to hide in a small room in the house and locked herself in after witnessing the commotion between the two victims and the attackers.

“She was able to post on social media asking for help,” Mamon said.

Hi, my name is Walter Manuel F. Prescott. I am a 71 year old Filipino-born American citizen facing deportation. Since 2016 I have been detained at the BI on trumped up charges filed by my wife. See, I immigrated to the USA and became a naturalized citizen and worked for the World Bank from 1983-2006. Upon retiring I renounced my American citizenship and moved to the Philippines reapplying for Filipino citizenship. I was granted this request. However, in 2013, my wife filed a complaint that I had falsified my application for citizenship. Then Justice Secretary DeLima revoked my Filipino citizenship and in 2016 I was arrested by the BI and scheduled for deportation.

But DeLima had no right to do so and the Supreme Court says anyone detained by the BI for three years who has not been deported should be released. I have now been in custody for six years.


https://mb.com.ph/2021/12/15/no-reason-for-continued-bi-detention-of-71-year-old-filipino-american-pao/

The Public Attorney’s Office (PAO) has called on the Bureau of Immigration (BI) over the alleged continued illegal detention of a 71-year-old Filipino-American since 2016. 

PAO Chief Persida V. Rueda-Acosta said on Wednesday, Dec. 15, that Filipino-American Walter Manuel F. Prescott has been illegally detained since 2016 by the BI which wanted him deported. 

Acosta said the BI has no reason to further detain Prescott for deportation since the PAO already checked with various courts and found he has no criminal cases in the Philippines. 

Thus, she said, PAO has elevated the issue before the Court of Appeals (CA) for the grant of a writ of habeas corpus sought by Prescott. 

“Sa mga justices natin nagmamakawa po kami sa inyo itama po ninyo ang mali (We appeal to the CA justices to right the wrong),” Acosta said during a press conference. 

Acosta said Prescott was born in the Philippines. His mother is a Filipino while his father is an American, she said. 

She also said that Prescott worked for the World Bank in the United States from 1983 to 2010 and also became a naturalized American in 2006. 

Prescott eventually applied for reacquisition of Philippine citizenship in 2008 and was granted, she said. 

But, she said, Prescott’s former wife filed a complaint accusing him of having illegally acquired his Philippine citizenship. 

The BI, she said, used the complaint and the list of Prescott names facing charges to arrest him in 2016 for deportation. 

After his arrest, Acosta said, “then Justice Secretary Leila M. De Lima unilaterally cancelled Prescott’s citizenship.” 

“Bakit siya nagtanggal ng citizenship? Dapat po court ang magde-deklara na tanggalan ang isang Filipino ng citizenship (Why did De Lima do that? Only the courts can do the cancellation of Philippine citizenship),” she stressed. 

Also, Acosta cited a Supreme Court (SC) decision which, she said, declared that persons facing deportation proceedings and have not been deported after three years should be released from detention.

Hi, my name is Erika Sagales. I work at a call center and am the breadwinner in my family. I was hoping to earn more money so I was happy when I received an unsolicited text message about a job. I texted back and was directed to invents P44,000 for the opportunity. Some of that money I borrowed from my aunt. Shockingly it turned out to be a scam and now all my money is gone.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/topstories/nation/815336/call-center-agent-lost-p44k-cash-in-sms-phishing/story/

A 21-year-old call center agent was hoping to earn more money as a bread winner of the family but instead lost more cash after she fell victim to smishing or SMS phishing.

According to a "Stand for Truth" report, Erika Sagales received a text scam offering her a job. After clicking the link from the text, she was redirected to a Whatsapp where she was tasked to do business transactions by an agent.

At first, she thought there were no red flags after learning she would earn more money. She was then asked to pay P44,000 for an investment in the business transaction but after giving the money, the agent blocked her number.

What's worse, Sagales borrowed the money from her aunt.

(I was looking for a part time job because I am not earning enough so I thought this would help me because I received proof that there is a cash out.

Sagales became a victim of a type of security attack through a text which sends a bogus link that is being used to steal a person's data such as login credentials, credit card data and social security information.

Authorities including the Philippine National Police Anti-Cybercrime Division, are conducting investigations into these text scams.

Hi, my name is being withheld. I am adopted. My siblings and I got into an argument. So naturally I beat them with a baseball bat and then stabbed them to death.

https://www.philstar.com/nation/2021/12/19/2148825/minor-admits-killing-2-teens-north-cotabato

The killing of two siblings in this town on Friday last week has been considered solved after police said a family member admitted to committing the crime.

The victims, aged 18 and 16, were hit by a baseball bat and stabbed with a knife at their home in Barangay Bagontapay.

Town police chief Maj. Realan Mamon said an adopted member of the family confessed that she was responsible for the incident.

The suspect is now under the custody of the Department of Social Welfare and Development.

Probers said “sibling rivalry” could be the motive for the attack.

Authorities said a manhunt for another suspect is ongoing.

Hi, my name is William Pableo Becong. I suffer from a mental illness. I live with my daughter who has special needs. Or at least I did. In a fit I beheaded her using a machete. Then I hacked on myself.

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1163947

A man was charged with parricide after beheading his minor daughter in Agusan del Norte town.

In a statement on Tuesday, Brig. Gen. Romeo Caramat Jr., the director of the Police Regional Office – Caraga, identified the suspect as William Pableo Becong, 46, of Purok 1, Barangay Malpoc, Buenavista town.

“The Buenavista municipal police station already filed the case of parricide against the suspect on Monday at the Agusan del Norte Provincial Prosecutors Office,” he said.

He added that the suspect beheaded his nine-year-old daughter who has special needs on December 25.

The suspect, known to have a mental illness in their locality, used a 14-inch machete in committing the crime, he said.

The suspect is now under the custody of the local police office in Buenavista after receiving medical treatment from the Agusan del Norte Provincial Hospital due to self-inflicted wounds.

Hi, my name is Dante Silvia Reyes. A young 19 year old man named Rusty Rubia deal Cruz came to visit me one afternoon. I pay for his tuition. We did some online cock fight gambling and we got into an argument over a bet. So, in a fit of rage I killed him. To cover up the crime I decided to chop him up into five parts. He fit nicely in two sacks. I loaded them in a taxi and dumped them in a vacant lot.

https://www.philstar.com/nation/2022/01/02/2151335/trader-held-killing-teen-chopping-body

A businessman was arrested in Manila on Thursday night for allegedly killing a student and chopping up his body.

Dante Silva Reyes, 42, was the last person reportedly seen with student Rusty Rubia dela Cruz, 19, the Manila Police District (MPD) reported.

Dela Cruz was last seen parking his motorcycle at the corner of Severino Reyes and Remigio streets and going to Reyes’ house at past 1 p.m. on Dec. 29, 2021.

At around 11:50 p.m., Reyes was seen on closed-circuit television footage loading two sacks into the trunk of a taxi (plate number NGR-3561). The footage was released by the Moriones police substation.

Dela Cruz’s remains, chopped into five parts, were discovered at around 5 p.m. on Dec. 30 at a vacant lot along Bacoor Boulevard in Barangay Niog 3 in Bacoor, Cavite, the MPD said.

No comments:

Post a Comment