Monday, March 27, 2023

Hi, my name is...34

So many people causing trouble in the Philippines. I guess this is basically a crime blotter but the crimes are extreme in one way or another. 

Hi, my name is Ariel Limas. On March 1st Sophia Bual, who is ten years old, was walking home from school. After looking around to make sure no one saw me, I quickly snatched her. Her grandfather initially thought his son, her father, was the perpetrator because of a scratch on his arm. But even so why would he think that? They must not have a good home life. Anyway remorse got the better of me and I confessed. Then I led the authorities to the place where I wrapped her in a bag and tossed her into a river. Her remains were hardly recognizable. 

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1196635

The suspect behind the alleged rape-slay of a 10-year-old girl has surrendered to the police in Claveria town, Misamis Oriental after the victim's cadaver was found Saturday dawn.

In a statement, the Claveria Municipal Police Station identified the suspect as Ariel Limas, 28, married and a resident of Sitio Minantang, in the same town.

The police said he admitted to the alleged rape-slay of Sophia Bual, who went missing on March 1.

Initial police investigation showed that the victim was on her way home from school when the suspect snatched her.

The family of the victim sought help from the police and the community, including the local government.

The victim's grandfather, a retired policeman, initially thought that the suspect's father was a person of interest due to a scratch they found on him.

The suspect, however, eventually confessed to the crime and led authorities to the location of the victim.

At the location in Sitio Ban-Ban, Barangay Ane-I, investigators retrieved the cadaver of the victim, who was placed in a sack and submerged in a creek, using rocks to weigh the body down.

The Regional Forensic Unit 10 brought the cadaver to this city subject for autopsy.

Kenneth Bual, the victim's father, thanked the local government, the police, and the community for their help.

"I could hardly recognize my daughter (after the retrieval of her cadaver). I will leave it to God to deal with the one who did this. I hope you will regret what you did to my daughter," the victim's father said.

Hi, my name is Dagul. I asked my wife out for a date on Valentine's Day but instead she called the cops and had me arrested. She said I had threatened her and out children that I would dismember them. She also said she was tired of years of abuse. At the police station I got down on my knees to beg forgiveness but she ignored me. 


https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1953633/cebu/local-news/valentines-day-date-turns-into-a-nightmare-after-husband-lands-in-jail

A VALENTINE’S Day date turned into a nightmare when a 34-year-old man was arrested by police at his wife's request at 10 a.m. Tuesday, February 14, in Barangay Ermita, Cebu City.

The suspect only identified as Dagul, a businessman, was not able to date his wife because he was imprisoned.

Major Kenneth Albotra, chief of Carbon Police Station, said in an interview with SunStar Cebu that the charges have already been filed against the suspect at the Women and Children’s Protection Desk (WCPD) on Wednesday afternoon, February 15.

Corporal Sandra Villabas, who is assigned at the WCPD of Carbon Police Station, said that the suspect had frequently threatened to kill his wife and their children, especially when he was high on drugs.

On Monday, February 13, Dagul once more threatened his family.

(He would reportedly dismember his wife and kids, who were scared.)

It was learned that the wife has been suffering from abuse for several years.

The wife, who requested for anonymity, immediately called the police and requested for assistance out of concern that her husband would keep his word.

Dagul begged his wife for forgiveness while he was on his knees at the police station, but she ignored him.

Hi, my name is "Mia" and I am a 19 year old woman living in a shed. Why do I live in a shed? Because I have paranoid schizophrenia and this is the only way my parents could handle me. When I was 16 I started skipping school. Then I started self-harming and even hit my mom as she cooked. It's not so bad I guess. There is a small hole where my parents hand me food and even run a hose so I can bathe. They even cut my nails when I stuck my hands out. 

My parents really wanted to get me help but not even the DSWD would give them assistance. But the Baguio General Hospital found out about my case and they took me in and gave me the help I needed. Now I no longer live in a shed.  


https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/lifestyle/healthandwellness/862032/why-is-a-19-year-old-woman-in-la-union-locked-up-in-a-small-hut-by-her-family/story/

A 19-year-old woman in La Union has been locked up in a small hut for over a year.

As seen in the latest episode of "Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho," the hut has no door, is barely enough for one person, and only has small hole that allow "Mia" to put her hands out.

According to her mother, Delia, they used to live in Benguet. There, she noticed a change in her daughter's behavior when "Mia" turned 16. She was eventually diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia.

("She started skipping school. She couldn't sleep, she'd keep pacing around. She was no longer conscious of what she was doing. She started hurting herself. When I'd cook, she'd hit me as well.")

"Mia" would also grab a knife in the kitchen, her grandmother Rosing said. Fearing that they would get hurt, they had no choice but to bring "Mia" to Bargulin, La Union and lock her up.

Since then, Mia's aunt, Nora had been taking care of her.

("It pains me to see her in such a state, but we had no other choice.")

To provide for her needs, Mia's family would just hand things over through the small hole.

It is also through these holes that they cut Mia's nails and hand her a hose so she could bathe.

Delia said she and her husband Berting want to help their daughter get better. They have reached out to the Department of Social Welfare and Development, but to no avail.

("I can't bear to see her suffer. I want her to get better because she has an entire future ahead of her. I want to be the one to care for her, but I can't.")

Upon learning about the condition of "Mia," the Baguio General Hospital volunteered to rescue and give her the medication and guidance she needs.

("She'll be given the necessary medication and therapy. She'll be admitted for two weeks, and if we see enough progress, she can be discharged. ")

Fortunately, "Mia" was calm enough to go with the rescuers. This also allowed her loved ones to see her again for the first time after one year and three months.

("I've waited for this moment for so long. I'm so happy that "Mia" is finally getting the medical treatment she needs. I hope she gets better. Thank you to everyone who made this possible.")

According to the National Center for Mental Health, based on the US data, about 1% of the general population has schizophrenia, and that is 1 out of 100.

NCMH reminded that those with mental conditions should get proper medical treatment despite their state.

("For her to get better, she needs to be checked on by a psychiatrist. A person locked up would feel isolated, neglected, and rejected. For a person's overall well-being, they need to have enough sun exposure. They need to be able to step out and interact with others."

The agency added that they are in the "process of developing more hospitals" in accordance with the Mental Health Act.

Hi, my name is Aldren Balibad. My uncle agreed I could illegally hook up my house to his electricity. However when I failed to pay he cut me off! That really angered me. In fact it added fuel to the fire which was already burning hotly. in retaliation I recruited two neighbors who also had beef with my uncle and we concocted a plan to snuff him out. 


https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/491772/driven-by-anger-nephew-2-neighbors-plan-kill-habal-habal-driver-in-carmen-town-police

A nephew’s anger over his uncle for cutting electric power to his house may have been the trigger that led to the killing last March 2 of the uncle, a motorcycle-for-hire driver, in Barangay Ipil in Carmen town in northern Cebu.

Aldren Balibad, 23, then allegedly planned the killing with his two neighbors, Jemros Malbago, 22, and Mario Ramil Maningo, 51, who allegedly had also not been in good terms with Balibad’s uncle, Gilbert Basan.

Police Major Eric Gingoyon, chief of Carmen Police Station, said that their anger towards Basan blinded them of the fact that the victim had five children to take care of.

(They did not even consider that the victim has five children, his wife is abroad, and he was the one looking after the children. They were not able to think of that because of their anger towards the victim.)

Basan’s wife is an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) based in Saudi Arabia as a domestic helper. That is why Basan was the one who took care of their children.

Gingoyon said that when investigators started to gather information from the neighbors of the victim, Balibad was the first to be questioned.

He allegedly at first showed concern and regret for the tragic loss of his uncle.

But after the investigators gathered more information, they found out that Balibad and the victim were not in good terms and had previous arguments.

When the investigators went back to the nephew, Balibad, to ask him about this, Balibad,  eventually admitted that he, together with two others, was responsible for the crime.

They were arrested around 3 p.m. on Friday, March 3, in Barangay Ipil.

(We established the fact that the victim had argued with his nephew, Aldren. They had a falling out because Aldren connected with the electric power of his uncle’s house, and when Aldren failed to pay, the uncle cut the connection in the last week or third week of February.) 

Gingoyon said that this could have been the reason for Balibad to commit the crime against his uncle.

The police chief also said that Malbago was the one who allegedly held and stabbed the victim.

Maningo served as the lookout and the one who informed the two that Basan was coming in the area at that time.

Gingoyon said that Maningo and Basan had also allegedly had previous arguments with the victim. 

However, the police chief said he did not specifically know what caused these arguments.

He also said that the three men might have allegedly planned the killing a few days ago.

Police later recovered a 14-inch slaughter knife, which could be the murder weapon, and the blue sling bag of the victim containing P34,820, a brown wallet, eyeglasses, assorted IDs, assorted keys, and other documents.

The sling bag was recovered below a cliff while the knife was recovered 50 meters away from the bag.

The cliff where the sling bag and knife were found was about a kilometer away from the crime scene.

Malbago reportedly was the one who threw these items there after committing the crime.

Carmen police are set to file murder complaints against the three on Monday, March 6. The three suspects were detained at the Carmen Police Station pending the filing of charges.

Hi, my name is Gregorio Bores. In a tragic piece of irony I got run over by my own truck. What happened is I started the truck and it suddenly began to move. So, I freaked and I jumped out. It was slippery out there and of course I fell. The last thing I saw was a huge wheel just before it crushed my skull. Next time I would simply hit the breaks and put it in park. But there won't be a next time. 


https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/492806/driver-killed-by-own-truck-in-cebu-city

A truck driver was killed when he was ran over by his own truck on Friday dawn, March 10, 2023, in Sitio Tagutongan, Barangay Suba, Cebu City.

Police Staff Sergeant Leigh Vincent Gonzalve, investigator of the accident in a report, identified the driver as Gregorio Bores, 56 years old, from Barangay San Roque, Cebu City. He was driving a truck carrying fish for transport.

According to Gonzalve, witnesses told him that the victim jumped from his truck when it suddenly moved after starting the engine.  He believes the gear was engaged in first gear when he turned on the ignition, which made the truck run upon starting. 

(I think he got rattled, so he jumped. Then he fell because it was slippery at that part of the road. Unfortunately, his head got ran over by the truck’s tire.) 

The wayward truck also hit a motorcycle, an e-bike, and a fence of a house.

Hi, my name is Remart Rebucas.  I was attending my Lola's birthday party when all of a sudden I was shot dead! What a birthday present for her. It's a birthday she will never forget. 

https://digicastnegros.com/victim-gunned-down-at-grandmas-party/

A man who was attending the birthday party of his grandmother at his residence in Balansag Bobong, Brgy. Minapasok, Calatrava, Negros Occidental, on Saturday, November 5, was shot to death.

The fatality was identified as Remart Rebucas, 26.

Police said the suspect arrived at the birthday celebration of the victim’s grandmother when he shot Rebucas on the chest.

He died instantly.

The suspect identified by the police as 27-year-old Junjun Aligioho fled after the shooting, while the victim was brought to Alfredo MaraƱon District Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.

Hi, my name is Henry Paul Bombate. I am a fish vendor but just sixth months ago I was doing time in jail for drugs. One night I went out and I was ambushed. They took money out of Cash account and then they hogtied me, blindfolded me, and shot me to death. There have been other former drug offenders who have suffered the same fate. 

https://www.panaynews.net/fish-vendor-hogtied-blindfolded-shot-to-death/

A dead fish vendor was found hogtied and blindfolded in an empty lot at Simon Village, Purok Guanzon, Barangay Mansilingan around 7:20 a.m. yesterday.

The 22-year-old Henry Paul Bombate was a resident of Sitio Sibucao, Barangay Banago. He had four gunshot wounds to his head and three to his chest.

He was likely killed elsewhere, according to Police Station 7 commander, Police Major Elmer Bonilla, noting that no spent bullet shells were recovered in the area.

Bombate was arrested in 2019 for a drug-related charge and was freed just six months ago.

According to his family, Bombate left their house on Thursday and failed to return that night.

They also claimed that the victim’s GCash account made an unauthorized cash out of P3,900.

Investigation is ongoing.

The killing  of Bombate took place two days after two severed human hands were found in a plastic ice cream container in Purok Kagaykay, Barangay 2 on Wednesday morning, Jan. 25.

Also with the plastic container was a piece of paper with a list of 22 names allegedly involved in illegal drugs and the words, “TANAN KAMU KUNG INDI KAMU MAG-UNTAT RAFFLE LANG NA…”

Bacolod City Police Station 2’s Police Captain Jonito Pastrana confirmed that some of the individuals listed were drug surrenderees, while others were no longer residing in the village.

Hi, my name is being withheld as I am a 13 year old girl and minor. That didn't stop an older man from shagging me and planting a baby in my belly. Now I have the distinction of being the youngest mom in Bontoc. My prize? More poverty and shame.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1728504/13-year-old-child-registered-as-a-mother-in-bontoc-2

A 13-year old was registered as the youngest mother in Bontoc, Mountain Province, according to its local government unit (LGU).

Prior to her, a 16-year old girl was the youngest pregnancy recorded.

“The youngest mother at the age of 13 years old has been registered in 2022,” wrote the Bontoc LGU on a Facebook post on Friday.

INQUIRER.net has reached out to the Bontoc LGU to determine if the child’s pregnancy was a result of sexual abuse. The LGU has yet to respond.

According to the Municipal Civil Registry Office of Bontoc, teenage mothers in their areas have increased in 2022 after recording 39 teen pregnancies out of 767 live births.

This is a 39.38 percent increase compared to the municipality’s recorded teenage pregnancies in 2021, which was at 28.

“Out of the 39 registered teenage mothers in 2022, 17 are natives of Bontoc and the remaining 22 are from other neighboring municipalities/provinces who gave birth and registered in the municipality,” said the Bontoc LGU.

Bontoc Mayor Jerome Tudlong, Jr. called upon the public to help lessen the number of teenage pregnancies.

On Wednesday, Philippine senators were presented data from the  Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) which showed that 2,299 girls aged 10 to 14 gave birth in 2021, an increase from the 2,113 teenage live births in 2021.

The PSA also said that six to seven percent of babies born from adolescents were from men 10 years or more older than them.

Hi, my name is unknown. I was found by passers-by with my head wrapped in duct tape and gunshot wounds to my head. My hands were also tied with wire. The police hope someone could identify me but with my face so messed up that might take some time. 

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/443806/dead-man-who-was-shot-in-the-head-and-whose-face-was-wrapped-in-duct-tape-found-in-consolacion

A dead man, whose face was wrapped in a duct tape and who was shot in the head, was found in a secluded area in Consolacion town in northern Cebu, early morning today, May 28.

Police Staff Sergeant Rechie Gilleran, investigator of the case of the Consolacion Police Station, said they were still trying to find out the victim’s identity and the perpetrators of the crime.

Gilleran said that they also had no leads yet on the motive of the killing.

He said he was also hoping that the family of the dead man could identify the victim through the photos they posted in their police station and in social media. 

“As of now wala pa jud tay identity sa victim ug sa suspect. Basin makita sa tagtungod ang iyang picture,” he told CDN Digital.

(As of now, we still don’t have the identity of the victim and the suspect. Perhaps, the victims relatives could identify him through the picture.)

Initial investigation showed that residents of Paseo Begonia, Purok 7, Barangay Sacsac, in Consolacion town heard gunshots at around 2:30 a.m. today, May 28. At 4:50 a.m., passersby found the body in the area, who then called the police.

Police said that the victim’s face was covered with duct tape and he had visible gunshot wounds at the forehead and at the back of his head.

The victim’s hands were also tied with a tie wire.

Two empty shells, a slug and T-shirt printed with the name of the fraternity were also found at the crime scene.

Hi, my name is Claire Daluping. My six month old daughter Kawhi and I both died after a retired Army officer rammed his car into our house. He was trying to pass another car which suddenly began to swerve into the left lane. But instead of hitting his brakes he stomped on the accelerator! My death is just another reason houses should not be built on the side of busy roads especially high ways. 

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1603889/mother-baby-dies-as-vehicle-rams-house-in-tabuk-city

A woman and her infant daughter died after a sports utility vehicle, driven by a retired Army officer, rammed their house in Tabuk City, Kalinga on Saturday, police said Sunday.

Claire Daluping, a 39-year-old housekeeper, died on the spot while her six-month-old daughter, Kawhi, died at the hospital, after the vehicle hit a wall of their house in Sitio (sub-village) Dananao in Barangay (village) Lacnog at 3 p.m., Police Major Gary Gayamos, Kalinga police spokesperson, said.

Wounded were Kristell Gasatan, 15, and Beverly Daluping, 14. Both were taken to the nearest hospital for treatment.

Initial investigation showed that the driver, Edwin Ortiz, 65, a retired Army officer and a resident of Tabuk City, was on his way home to Isabela when he overtook another car, which suddenly swerved to the left lane. 

When he tried to stop his vehicle, he mistakenly stepped on the accelerator instead, causing him to hit the house.

The mother and daughter were in front of the house when Ortiz’s vehicle came crashing to the wall.

The impact destroyed the house’s facade and the vehicle.

Ortiz was placed under police custody while and will face a formal complaint for reckless imprudence resulting in damage to property with double homicide and multiple physical injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment