Monday, November 20, 2023

The Philippine Post Office Still Sucks

The Philippine post office, PHLPost, still sucks. At the beginning of April I ordered a book from the United Kingdom. By August it had still not arrived so I emailed the seller asking if they had tracking information. They replied by saying it had been more than sixty days so they were unable to replace the book. As if that was my question! I just wanted to know where it was.

Turns out it was sitting in Manila the whole time!


This package arrived in Manila on June 12th. However the local post office did not receive it until exactly four months later on October 12th. 


A second book I ordered around the same time was also taking an unusually long time to arrive. In August I emailed the seller asking for tracking information and they said they would send another copy. That means I had potentially two packages to be on the look out for assuming the first one had not gotten lost in the mail.

In an odd twist they both arrived on the same date at my local post office, November 11th, and I received them both on November 15th. Like the first package they had both been sitting in Manila for months. 

Arrived in Manila August 14th

Arrived in Manila September 15th

How is it that these packages arrived within a month of each other, sat collecting dust, and then arrived at the local post office on the same day? That's the magic of the incompetent and inept Philippine postal system. 

It's sad that I have to be thankful they even arrived. Here's what I ordered in case you are wondering. 


What am I going to do with two editions of The Faerie Queen? Thanks PHLPost!

No comments:

Post a Comment