Monday, September 30, 2024

Hi, My Name is...52

Here is a collection of weird or random deaths and crimes. We all expect to die but no one expects to die this way.

Hi, my name is being withheld even though I am a 42-year-old man and not a child. I was out drinking with my friends at a resort. I had so much to drink I had to relieve myself. As I let go against I fence I reached out my hand to stabilize myself. All of a sudden I got the shock of my life as I touched a live electrical wire.

https://mb.com.ph/2024/9/3/laborer-electrocuted-while-urinating-in-cadiz-city

A 42-year-old laborer was electrocuted while urinating in Barangay Cabahug, Cadiz City, Negros Occidental on Sunday afternoon, September 1.

The fatality, whose name was withheld, was a resident of Barangay Alijis here.

Investigation said the victim, who was having a drinking spree with friends, accidentally touched a live wire connected to a fence while urinating on the wall of a resort.

He was taken to the Cadiz District Hospital where he was declared dead.

Hi, my name is Susana Antolin Abarra. Just after Mass ended at 5 a.m. and we were all walking out of the Church a 5-year-old boy dashed out into the highway. I ran after him and pushed him out of the way of an oncoming multicab. The vehicle struck me head on. I died 14 hours later. 

https://mb.com.ph/2024/9/2/septuagenarian-dies-hours-after-rescuing-child-running-down-highway-in-ilocos-sur

A 70-year-old woman died hours after rescuing a five-year-old boy from being rammed by a multicab in Barangay Poblacion Norte, Santa Maria, Ilocos Sur on Sunday, September 1.

Police identified the victim as Susana Antolin Abarra.

Investigation said Abarra had just finished attending Mass at 5 a.m. when the boy who also attended the Mass suddenly ran towards the national highway. 

The victim ran and pushed the boy and was hit by the approaching multicab driven by a 19-year-man from Santa Cruz, Ilocos Sur.

Abarra was taken to a hospital in Narvacan, Ilocos Sur where she died at around 7 p.m. due to serious injuries.

The boy and the driver of the multicab were unharmed.

The driver faces appropriate charges.

Netizens paid tribute to Abarra for her sacrifice.

Hi, my name is John Kenneth Figueroa. I had been having trouble from a store owner whenever I park my van next to his store. The arguments got so bad I was even confronted at my own house. My van was damaged and m motorcycle was even spit upon. This time one of the store owner's buddies confronted me after I parked and we got into a fight. He then pulled a gun and shot me four times, once in the head and thrice in the back. 


https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/topstories/regions/918285/man-shot-dead-in-antipolo-after-parking-near-a-store/story/

A 26-year-old van driver was shot dead in Antipolo, Rizal allegedly over an argument about a parking space.

In EJ Gomez’s “24 Oras" report Monday, a CCTV camera recorded the victim parking his van beside a store.

According to witnesses, this prompted an angry response from the store's owner.

(They always have an argument whenever the victim parks there. But this time, witnesses said he did not stop there to park.)

(The store owner tried to choke the victim.)

However, the store's owner denied quarreling with the van driver. Rather it was his buddy, "Toto," who got into a fight with the victim.

(I did not choke him. I tried to push him back into his vehicle so they wouldn’t fight. But I wasn’t able to stop them.)

The CCTV camera recorded the victim and Toto trading blows. Moments later, Toto allegedly fired a gun.

The van driver was shot four times - thrice in the head and once in the back. He died on the spot.

Toto then drove away in a car.

Meanwhile, police arrested the store owner.

However, the victim’s mother believed that the suspects had planned to kill her son.

(They damaged his vehicle and spat on his motorcycle. And he had been threatened in front of his house.)

(They waited for him to alight from the vehicle. When he got out, there was one person here, another there. They planned it. There was no opportunity for him to run away.)

Hi, my name is unknown. I was so tired I decided to drag a piece of foam into the middle of the street and fall asleep. Of course I was run over immediately and died. 


https://mb.com.ph/2024/8/16/man-sleeps-in-the-middle-of-the-street-dies-after-being-hit-by-a-car-in-pasig-city

An unidentified man who placed his improvised bed in the middle of the street and slept on it died after he was hit by a car along Ortigas Avenue, Pasig City on Friday morning, August 16.

The incident occurred at around 5 a.m. eastbound of Ortigas Avenue at the corner of Lanuza Avenue.

Authorities said the victim allegedly carried a piece of foam in the middle of the road and slept on it.

The man was run over and dragged by an oncoming vehicle, killing him instantly. 

Authorities are still investigating the identity of the motorist.

The incident caused heavy traffic along the eastbound lane of Ortigas Avenue.

Hi, my name is Zoila. They say I am an unemployed housewife but being a housewife is a job all its own. I was washing my clothes out on the terrace when a motorcycle pulled up. The driver approached me and shot me dead as I was in the middle of my washing. 


https://mb.com.ph/2024/9/1/housewife-shot-dead-in-laguna

A 57-year-old housewife was gunned down while washing clothes in her house in Barangay Del Remedio, this city, on Saturday afternoon, August 31.

Police identified the victim as Zoila, unemployed.

Investigation said the victim was washing clothes on the terrace when a man onboard a motorcycle arrived. 

He approached the victim and shot her at close range.

The suspect, who was wearing black helmet, maong pants, and black jacket, fled and Zoila was taken by her relatives to a hospital where she declared.

Police recovered four fired cartridge cases of unknown caliber at the crime scene.

Police are conducting follow-up investigation.

Hi, my name is Mary Ann Tampos. On the morning of August 14th I went into labor and gave birth on the sidewalk. The baby was premature and dead on arrival. An ambulance was called but I refused to go with them. They made me sign a waiver to that effect. I told them I did not have any money to pay for a stay in the hospital. The doctor told me I would not have to pay for my bills but I still refused to go. I later died on the same sidewalk from massive blood loss. 

https://mb.com.ph/2024/8/14/pregnant-scavenger-dies-after-giving-birth-to-premature-baby-on-cebu-city-sidewalk

A pregnant scavenger died after giving birth to a premature baby on a sidewalk here on Wednesday morning, August 14.

Mary Ann Tampos, 35, died hours after giving birth to a baby girl on General Maxilom Ave.

Witnesses said it was around 6 a.m. when Tampos, a resident of Barangay Tisa here, went into labor.

A group of pedestrians that included a nurse and a traffic enforcer assisted her.

As Tampos attempted several pushes, witnesses noticed that the baby had already turned red. Tampos successfully gave birth but the baby girl was already dead when she came out.

An ambulance arrived later on.

Medical workers, including a doctor, tried to bring the Tampos to the hospital but she resisted.

The medical team repeatedly convinced Tampos to go with them but to no avail. There were instances when the medical team tried to force the woman to board the ambulance but she would resist.

They decided to let Tampos sign a waiver as proof that she refused to be brought to the hospital.

Tampos died on the same spot where she had given birth at around 9 a.m. Massive blood loss was suspected to be the cause of the woman’s death.

A friend said that Tampos refused to be brought to the hospital as she did not have money to pay for her medical bills.

The doctor told Tampos that she did not have to pay for her hospital bills but she still refused, the friend said.

Hi, my name is Gelo. I met this fine girl online and invited her to go on a road trip using my motorcycle. When I picked her up I asked her if she wanted to drive and told her to put all her belongings in the utility box. Later on I offered to switch places with her. When she got off the bike I sped off with all her belongings. However, she reported me right away and the cops were able to catch me. 


https://mb.com.ph/2024/8/13/from-roadtrip-to-badtrip-man-arrested-for-stealing-valuables-of-woman-he-met-online

A supposedly enjoyable road trip between new acquaintances turned into misfortune when the man, whom the victim only met online, stole her belongings in Tanay, Rizal, the Rizal Police Provincial Office (Rizal PPO) said Monday, August 12. 

The police identified the 21-year-old suspect as "Gelo” who was arrested in a dragnet operation on Friday, August 9. 

According to the female victim, Gelo invited her on a road trip to Marilaque Highway in Tanay using his motorcycle. 

Upon picking up the victim in Quezon City, the suspect asked her if she wanted to drive the motorcycle. He then instructed her to place her belongings inside the motorcycle's utility box compartment. 

While cruising along Marilaque Highway, the victim said Gelo offered to switch places with her to drive the motorcycle. 

Upon disembarking from the motorcycle, the suspect immediately fled from the scene abandoning the victim and taking with him her belongings. 

The victim immediately reported the incident to the Tanay Municipal Police Station, prompting them to conduct a dragnet operation which led to the suspect's arrest. 

Gelo is now detained at the Tanay Custodial Facility and is facing charges of theft as well as disobedience and resistance to an agent of a person in authority after attempting to escape and resisting the officers during the operation. 

The Rizal PPO reminded the public to be cautious of such schemes.

Hi, my name is Jefferson Bagsic. I am a pedicab driver in Manila. Romeo Pasigna is a fellow driver with whom I have a grudge against because he is always getting more passengers. One afternoon I saw him sitting in front of a store. Seeing my chance I walked towards him and stabbed him in the back, killing him.

https://mb.com.ph/2024/8/3/clash-over-passengers-leads-to-killing-of-pedicab-driver-in-manila

A pedicab driver was stabbed and killed by his fellow driver after a quarrel ensued between them over a passenger, the Manila Police District (MPD) reported on Saturday, August 3.

The MPD identified the suspect as Jefferson Bagsic, 41, a resident of Barangay 38, Tondo, Manila.

Based on the police report, the victim identified as Romeo Pasigna was sitting in front of a store on Kagitingan Street corner Lakandula Street in Tondo around 12:50 p.m. on July 31 when the suspect walked towards him and stabbed him in his back.

The suspect immediately fled after committing the crime.

Pasigna was declared dead at Gat Andres Bonifacio Memorial Medical Center.

Personnel of the MPD Moriones Station conducted a follow-up operation and saw Bagsic standing on the sidewalk of Delpan Street. 

Bagsic surrendered to the authorities and revealed that he had a long-time grudge against the victim, particularly in getting passengers. 

Police recovered a revolver with two live ammunition from the suspect.

Bagsic was brought to the MPD Moriones Tondo Police Station and was charged with frustrated murder and violation of Republic Act 10591 or the Comprehensive Law on Firearms and Ammunition.

Hi, my name is Francisco Sampan. My neighbor makes a living by brewing and selling coconut wine also known as tuba. We were having a drinking session when I said his coconut wine tasted bad. He got really mad and said I should stop buying from him. We got into a fistfight and I knocked him to the ground. But when I turned my back he pulled a scythe from his waistband and slit my throat. Thankfully I survived.


https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/592479/man-slits-neighbors-throat-over-tuba-criticism-in-carmen

Due to a negative comment about the taste of coconut wine, locally known as “tuba,” a man slit his neighbor’s throat in Purok Lumboy, Barangay Cantucong, Carmen town, on Tuesday afternoon, August 27, 2024, at around 3 p.m.

The victim, identified as Francisco Sampan, 60, was rushed to the hospital, where he is now recuperating.

The suspect was identified as Carlito Aresco, 56, whose livelihood is producing and selling coconut wine. Both Sampan and Aresco are residents of the said barangay.

Police Captain Jessie TaƱola, chief of the Carmen Police Station, said that the victim and the suspect were having a drinking session when the victim told the suspect that his coconut wine did not taste good, which made the suspect angry.

“Katong biktima nakabuhi og istorya nga way lami ang tuba, unya murag natandog ang garbo sa suspect,” TaƱola said.

The suspect responded that if the victim did not like the taste of his coconut wine, he should stop buying from him. Their heated argument escalated into a fistfight, during which the suspect was defeated and knocked to the ground.

When the victim turned his back, the suspect suddenly stood, grabbed his scythe from his waist, and slit the victim’s throat from behind.

“Mao to nilakaw ang biktima unya nagkuha ug sanggot ang suspect dayon abis sa liog sa biktima,” TaƱola added.

The victim was rushed to the nearest hospital for treaatment. Meanwhile, the suspect was arrested and will face charges of frustrated homicide.

Hi, my name is being withheld but I am an ex-convict. I had a crush on this girl but I went to prison for assaulting a barangay tanod so I was never able to express my feelings. In fact we never talked at all.  When I got out I saw she was pregnant and I lost my mind. So, I beat the heck out of her. I rained punched on her head and other parts of her body because I was so angry. Of course I am back in jail.


https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/587638/cebu-city-ex-con-angry-at-seeing-his-crush-pregnant-punches-her

An ex-convict or a former convict was arrested after he attacked a woman, whom he allegedly had a crush on in Barangay Duljo-Fatima, Cebu City on July 30. This was after he found out that she was pregnant.

Authorities, who investigated the incident, said the suspect, who was released from prison last January after serving time for assaulting a barangay tanod, got angry when he saw and learned that the woman whom he had a crush on was heavy with child.

“The victim was hit in the head and different parts of the body,” said an initial investigation report on the attack.

According to the victim, the suspect did not woo her and they were not in a relationship.

She was even surprised why the suspect suddenly attacked her.

It was found out that the suspect allegedly had a crush on the victim before he served time on prison.

He was allegedly planning to woo the victim when he would be released from jail.

But according to the victim, the suspect did not woo her.

On July 30, at past 8 p.m., when the suspect saw the victim and found out that she was pregnant, he suddenly lost it and attacked her.

He allegedly rained punches on the woman, who suffered bruises from the attack.

After the attack, the victim reported this to the police, who then arrested the suspect.

The suspect was detained at the Mambaling Police Station detention cell as a physical injury complaint was being readied against him.

Hi, my name is being withheld because I am a minor. I am only 16 but I have a 23-year old boyfriend and my parents did not like him. So naturally I planned to kill them. My boyfriend tried to dissuade me to no avail. A voice whispered me to do it. How could I refuse? Of course I stabbed them both. Now they want me to undergo psychiatric evaluation. 


https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1976280/minor-stabs-parents-for-opposing-relations-with-older-guy

Police here are recommending that a 16-year-old woman undergo a thorough psychiatric exam after she stabbed and wounded her own parents who strongly opposed her having a relationship with a 23-year-old guy.

The incident happened in Purok 5 Bliss in Barangay Buru-un here on Friday evening.

Police Major Zandrex Panolong, spokesperson Iligan City Police Office, said that the suspect turned off the lights in her parents room and stabbed her father first then her mother.

In the commotion, the suspect also wounded her hands.

The victims were rushed to a local hospital where they are being closely monitored.

Panolong said that an initial investigation revealed that the suspect bared plans to kill her parents to her boyfriend who, in turn, talked her against doing it.

Panolong added that the suspect told investigators that “a voice seemed to whisper to her to pursue her plans.”

Hi, our names are being withheld because we are minors. It was so hot out that we had to rest under a tree. But there was a problem. The tree was not in a good condition. It was weakened because it was so old.  In fact it fell on us! Several of us were able to get away but it killed 2 boys while others were injured. 


What was supposed to be a time to rest for 6 children under the shade of two buli or buri trees from the beating heat of the afternoon sun turned tragic when the one of the trees fell on the children crushing 2 of them to death.

Police Senior Master Sergeant Vincent Alqueza, investigator of the Pinamungajan Police Station said that the freak accident happened at past 2 p.m. on Thursday, January 25, in Sitio Luy-a, Barangay Lamac of this southwestern Cebu town.

Alqueza told CDN Digital in a phone interview on January 25 that the two children, 2 boys, whose ages were 15 years old and 12 years old, were crushed by the tree trunk that fell on them and died on the spot.

A 13-year-old girl was injured in the back when she was hit by a part of the trunk of the tree when it fell.

The other 3 children, whose ages are 14 years old, managed to run before the tree fell.

Initial investigation showed, that the five children had just finished cleaning a “baul” or a cultivated dry field and were rested under two buli trees that shaded them from the heat of the afternoon sun at past 2 p.m. that day.

When the 5 children decided to rest under the 2 buli trees, their 15-year-old cousin was already there also taking shelter from the beating heat of the afternoon sun.

Unfortunately, while they were resting there, a trunk of one of the buli trees which was weakened due its old age suddenly gave way, causing the trunk and the upper part of the tree to fall on the  6 children.

Three of them noticed the falling tree trunk on time and managed to run away from where they were resting and avoided being hit by the tree.

Their 13-year-old female cousin noticed the tree falling too late, and she was hit in the back, but she managed to escape from being crushed by the tree.

Alqueza said that the 13-year-old girl was rushed to the hospital for treatment.

(We have one injured, the girl, she is at the hospital. She was the one whom we asked (and got details about the accident) but she still (at that time on Thursday) that her cousins died in the accident.)

Unfortunately, for the 15-year-old boy and the 12-year-old boy, who failed to move out of the way of the falling tree trunk, which landed on both of them, crushing them, causing them to be dead on the spot.

The children were all from the area or from Sitio Luy-a, Barangay Lamac, Pinamungajan town.

Pinamungajan is a second class municipality located 70 kilometers in southwestern Cebu.

No comments:

Post a Comment