Monday, September 23, 2019

Hi, My Name is...10

Say hello to these quirky personalities living and playing in the Philippines.


Hi, my name is Jennifer Talbot. I am an American who came to the Philippines to get a baby. All the way from Utah actually. I met a birthmother from Davao online and arranged to adopt her baby once she gave birth. The mother was just a desperate teenager. It happens all the time actually. There are many groups on Facebook dedicated to connecting potential adopters with birthmothers. I was surprised I was able to sneak the baby out of Davao. But I probably should not have been surprised I was caught when I arrived in Manila. I had the baby hid in a sling bag disguised like any regular piece of luggage but the authorities caught on to me and now I will probably spend the rest of my life in prison. All because I wanted to help a poor Filipino baby have a better life in the USA.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1160719/american-woman-held-at-naia-as-authorities-found-baby-in-luggage

Hi, my name is Irineo Michael Cabugoy. I'm a lawyer. My specialty is property law. In the Philippines property is always being disputed largely due to lack of titles. Unclear ownership of land is quite a problem in the Philippines. Another problem is the frequent murder of lawyers such as myself.  You see I was out having lunch with my family when an assassin walked up and shot me in the head as I was eating. Can you imagine that? Right in front of everybody as they were having lunch.
https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1161689/lawyer-gunned-down-while-dining-in-antipolo-fast-food-chain

Hi, my name is Alexander Lastimoso. I was asleep on the sidewalk when some guy woke me up. We started arguing and then he shot me! Why did he do that? No one was able to give a description of the man who shot me but apparently his name is "Em-em." I really don't have much family but surely someone will eventually claim my body.

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/257775/man-shot-dead-along-jakosalem

Hi, my name is Mark Vincent Balisi. I work for the BIR. I am the taxman! It was approaching midnight when I was out riding my motorcycle and all of a sudden I brought my bike to  a halt. The road was so slippery. But the air conditioned bus behind me kept going right over my body and my bike crushing me to death. They say I died from internal haemorrhage but I know I died because I got run over by a bus!

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1164316/bir-worker-killed-after-being-run-over-by-bus-in-isabela

Hi, my name is Ranjeet Sidhu.  I am not a Filipino. I am an Indian living in the Philippines. Surely you have heard of the 5/6 lending scheme right? That's how we Indians make our living in this country. For every 5 pesos I lend you I get 6 in return. Sounds fair right? Not to many. Duterte said he wants to put an end to our business but then where would poor Filipinos get money when they need it? I was out to collect a debt when a motorcycle rode up and the rider shot me dead. While my killer's monetary debt is now gone his karma debt has yet to be paid.

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1165928/indian-national-shot-in-camarines-sur-town

Hi, my name is Rio. I'm a dog. Me and my best friend, Pio Abrenica, where inside the house relaxing when all of a sudden he got up and stumbled to the doorway where he collapsed. Alarmed at this the other dog and I ran out of the house and over to the neighbour's place where we barked our heads off. The neighbour then followed us back to the house where he saw my master lying on the ground. He was able to call an ambulance and safe his life.  Thank goodness because I don't know what I would do without him.

https://philippineslifestyle.com/dog-saves-owner-from-heart-attack-in-ilocos-norte/

Hi, my name is Eman Lambuhon. On Sunday, September 15th, I kidnapped a 5 year old girl named Princess from her home. Its going to rape here but then I was seen by neighbours and I got scared. So instead of just raping the girl I hit her on the head, killing her. I can't tell you why I did this. I was high on drugs and very drunk at the time. “Even if I ask for mercy, it happened already.”

https://philippineslifestyle.com/5-year-old-girl-kidnapped-killed/

Hi, my name is Roger.  I am a 14 year old boy living in Cagayan. Recently I was released from a mental institution. My parents put me in there because my grandmother used to see me talking alone and conversing with an evil spirit. The doctor observed me for a few days and then said I was fine to go home. One day I was told to watch over a 5 year old boy as we were both sent into the field to harvest. But instead of harvesting I hacked him to death with my bolo.

https://philippineslifestyle.com/14-year-old-released-from-mental-hospital-kills-5-year-old-boy/

Hi, our names are Ryan Tañega and Stephen Balbuena. Until recently we were both unemployed so with the Christmas season just beginning we figured we would try our luck carolling. We had a good thing going sining to people on jeepenies and at businesses. Made a little bit of money. More than if we had just sat around doing nothing. But someone must have not liked our singing because we were taken and shot in the head and chest and dumped us in the bushes on the side of the road like an old Christmas tree. 


Hi, my name is Herman Moreno. I am a mechanic in Nueva Ecija. My wife, Imelda and I, were out riding on our tricycle when all of a sudden a motorcycle approached us and the riders fired on us. Of course they killed us. But why? Maybe I didn't fix their motorcycle right? We are just two more people senseless killed by motorcycle assassins. Like Jeremy Cay.


Hi, my name is Jeremy Cay. I was driving my tricycle when a motorcycle rode up with two riders and they began shooting. They killed me and now I am just a statistic. 

Hi, my name is Sherwin Nastor. I am a farmer in Isabela. At a neighbour's wake I got drunk and started arguing with another man who is also a farmer. The argument got so heated that I decided to leave. So did the other guy. But he followed me and when I came to a stop he pulled out a handgun and shot me dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment