Thursday, April 23, 2020

Picture of the Week: Bag of Oatmeal

I was doing some shopping and tossed a few bags of oatmeal in my cart. I eat a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast basically every day. When I got to the cashier she noticed there was a hole in the bottom of one pack of oatmeal and was kind enough to have the bag boy wrap it in a separate bag for me.


Of course I didn't buy it!  But she thought I would and that wrapping it in another bag, rather than counting it as a loss, was the right thing to do.

I should point out this happened about a month before the coronavirus lockdown. Probably doesn't matter though.  She'd likely do the same thing now!

1 comment:

  1. Did you really expect any different? I went to a supermarket and was in the veggie section when I spotted celery so I walk over. Yes, there was celery in the bag nut the stalks had rotten and turned to a brown liquid from the bottom to about halfway up. You guessed it, the store was still trying to sell it rather than throw it out. It reminds me of what a British gent once told me, " Nobody out cheaps a Filipino."

    ReplyDelete