Monday, June 22, 2020

Hospital Emergency Room

Hospitals in the Philippines are wretched places. Even the private hospitals are awful. I had to visit an emergency room recently at The Doctor's Hospital. It looked like this:


What you should keep in mind is that this is a brand new emergency room. An addition to an already existing hospital. This place is where the ambulances will be dropping off people in need. Now why would they construct this new wing and leave a telephone pole stump in the road!! Can you see it in the picture?  Here it is up close!!!


Here it is even up closer!


It looks like a carabao patty but is a lot more dangerous. I watched at least two vehicles run over this obstacle. Imagine an ambulance running over it!  Imagine an ambulance coming there at all. Now I did ask about this stump and was told it was PLDT's responsibility because they own the telephone poles. I did go to PLDT to ask about it but was greeted with a very long line and told come back tomorrow.


You know what? It's not my job and if no one else cares why should I?  This is the Philippines!

Look at the first picture again. See that white thing in the middle of the driveway where the ambulances are supposed to offload?  Here is what the other side looks like.



Is this COVID-19 related!? Is this part of social distancing? You have to be dropped off and signed in at this station!? While all the traffic is driving by? RIDICULOUS!! I went by two days later and they moved this sign-in station from the center of the ramp to the side.


It's not any less stupid but at least the doors aren't blocked off anymore.

But I am not finished.  Look at this. 


This poor man is being pushed in his wheelchair IN THE BUSY STREET IN THE RAIN around the corner from the emergency room to I don't know where probably to some evaluation place. Do I need to point out how dangerous this is? Why does The Doctor's Hospital allow their staff to do this? They could have pushed him through the building but they didn't!! Why not? A few days later I saw the same scenario being played out.


Why are they pushing wheelchair bound patients through the busy street!? The answer I received was basically, "Well they are just going over there." That is not an excuse because when I was there the guy I was with was wheeled through the building to the emergency room area. It almost makes you wish a car would smash right into these people just so they can learn a lesson about how stupid this all is.

No comments:

Post a Comment