Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Hi, My Name is...41

In the midst of all the Filipinos dying from being hacked or shot there are a lot of other Filipinos dying in strange, unconventional ways. Let's say hello.

Hi, my name is Francis Jay Gumikib. Although I am 14 I am only in the 5th grade. My classmates were being noisy and rowdy but I was not part of their antics. That did not stop my teacher from grabbing me by the collar and slapping my face. It was humiliating and I told my mom I felt dizzy and pain in my ear. I was able to attend school for three more days until my dizziness overtook me and I fell into a coma. I was rushed to the hospital and the doctor said I my brain was bleeding. Eleven days later I died. 

However, it turns out I died not as a result of being slapped but from a rare condition that would have killed me anyway

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1840141/grade-5-pupil-dies-11-days-after-teacher-slapped-him-in-antipolo-city

A Grade 5 student in Antipolo City died on Monday, 11 days after his teacher allegedly pulled his hair and slapped him in school.

Elena Minggoy said her 14-year-old son Francis Jay Gumikib was hurt by his teacher on September 20 after he reported about his noisy classmates.

Minggoy claimed the teacher pulled her son’s collar and hair and then slapped him just as the Grade 5 student returned to his seat.

The incident happened at Peñafrancia Elementary School, as confirmed by the Department of Education (DepEd) in a statement.

In an interview with Radyo360 on Tuesday, the mother recalled his son telling her: “Mama, wala po akong kasalanan nagsumbong lang ako sa teacher (Mom, it’s not my fault I just reported to the teacher).”

(He said [the class] was noisy, but he said he wasn’t part of the noise because he was taking the test; he just reported.)

But her son was allegedly told by the teacher, “Gusto mo ikaw makisali ka rin sa kanila (If you want, joint them too).”

(When the teacher returned to him, he pulled him by the collar of his uniform then pulled his hair, and thereafter slapped him.)

According to the student’s mother, her son complained of pain in the ear and dizziness after being hit by the teacher.

Her son still managed to attend school in the three days that followed. But on September 26, the Grade 5 student experienced dizziness, headache, and vomiting, which prompted them to rush him to the hospital.

The student fell into a coma and eventually died on October 2, Minggoy said, adding that the doctor found bleeding in her son’s brain.

(The brain is bleeding [said the doctor].)

In a phone interview with INQUIRER.net, Antipolo City Police chief Lieutenant Colonel Ryan Manongdo said that they are still waiting for the autopsy report that will confirm the pupil’s cause of death.

(We are just waiting for the autopsy report to determine the cause of the child’s death.)

The teacher may be charged with homicide in violation of Republic Act 7610 or Anti-Child Abuse Law, he added.

Hi, my name is Marcelito Lapeciros and I am a butcher. I was going about my business butchering a live hog in the usual way. First the pig's legs are tied with rope. Next I use a hard object to knock him on the head unconscious. Then I stab him in the neck to let him bleed to death. Thinking he was dead I preapred to gut him when suddenly the pig came back to life! I was so startled I tossed my knife in the air. In a terrible bit of irony it landed on my throat killing me the same way I killed the pig. 

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/529310/butcher-dies-in-freak-accident-as-he-was-slaughtering-a-pig-in-camotes

A butcher in Camotes Island in northern Cebu died of a freak accident. This was while he was slaughtering a pig on September 22, 2023, in Pilar town.

Police Captain Michael Echavez, Pilar Police Station chief, identified the victim as Marcelito Lapeciros of Sitio Batang, Barangay Moabog, Pilar town of Camotes Islands.

Echavez said that Lapeciros died of a knife wound in the neck.

The Pilar police chief said that initial investigation showed that Lapeciros was butchering a pig at past 9 a.m. on Friday, September 22.

Lapeciros was using the knife that butcher’s use to slaughter a pig.

Like he would usually do in slaughtering a pig, Lapeciros would hit the pig on the head with a hard object first, rendering it unconscious.

Before that, the pig’s legs were already tied with a rope.

Lapeciros then allegedly stabbed the pig with the knife in the throat area, supposedly killing it.

Thinking that the pig was already dead, he relaxed and was about to stab the pig again to gut it or prepare to remove its intestines when the pig suddenly came alive.

This startled Lapeciros, whose leg got entangled with the rope tied to the pig, and causing him to lose balance.

This also caused him to throw the knife that he was holding up in the air.

And as Lapeciros struggled to regain balance, the knife, which was in the air, landed straight on the throat of the butcher. It’s sharp end hitting the throat area.

The butcher was rushed to the hospital, but he did not make it alive.

Hi, my name is Darwin Batallones. I was running the 50L Spartan race when I collapsed and died. I had a stroke and a heart attack. 


https://mb.com.ph/2023/10/3/runner-dies-in-la-union-race

A 41-year-old participant of Spartan Trail Run 2023 died after he suffered stroke and heart attack during the race here on October 1.

The Police Regional Office-1 said that Darwin Batallones from Caloocan City was about to finish the 21-kilometer race when he suddenly collapsed. 

Thumbie Remegio, Spartan Race Director, and Jessie M. Cunanan, sought assistance and Batallones was initially taken to the Bacnotan District Hospital. 

Batallones was transferred to the Ilocos Training and Regional Center in San Fernando City, this province, for further treatment after the duty physician at Bacnotan District Hospital found out that the victim suffered a stroke and heart attack.

However, the victim was declared dead at 7:12 p.m.

The race featured different categories such as the Trail 50L, Hurricane Heat 12HR, Trail Half Marathon, and Trail 10K. 

The event seeks to promote the vast trails here and this province.

Hi, my name is Billy Joe Millapre. I was out and about when all of a sudden a coconut tree fell on me and killed me! The cops have decided to charge the cutter with reckless homicide which is something at least. 

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1755064/boy-dies-after-cut-coconut-tree-fell-on-him-in-northern-samar

A 14-year-old boy died after he was hit by a coconut tree that was cut down by a man in Barangay San Miguel, Lavezares town, Northern Samar on Monday, April 10.

Billy Joe Millapre died while being treated at a hospital, according to Capt. Roldan Collamar, chief of the Lavezares Police Station.

The suspect, identified as Noe Lipata Beraya, 36, immediately surrendered to the police.

Initial investigation showed that Beraya was cutting a coconut tree using a chainsaw when it hit Millapre as it fell at about 1:30 p.m. on Monday.

Millapre was rushed to the Allen District Hospital for treatment but died at about 4:30 p.m. on the same day.

Charges of homicide through reckless imprudence were being readied by the local police against Beraya, who is temporarily detained at the Lavezares Police Station.

Hi, my name is James Marvie Brigoli Apor. One night when it was dark and very stormy I decided to go out to a neighbors house to deliver something. My grandmother pleaded with me not to go but I did not heed her cries. I completed my errand and was on my way home when all of a sudden a tree fell on me killing me instantly. A neighbor found my body the next morning. 

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/528765/teenager-crushed-to-death-by-coconut-tree-in-sogod-cebu

A 16-year-old boy was killed after he was crushed to death by a coconut tree that was allegedly hit by lightning in Barangay Ampongol, Sogod town, northern Cebu on Wednesday evening, September 20, 2023.

Police Senior Master Sergeant Jerome Quimque, desk officer at the Sogod Police Station, identified the victim as James Marvie Brigoli Apor, 16, a resident of the barangay.

The victim’s aunt, Kathleen Jane Brigoli Momo, said that at around 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Marvie asked permission from his grandmother to go out to deliver something to a neighbor’s house. 

The victim’s grandmother allegedly tried to stop the boy from leaving the house, saying that it was too dangerous to go out late at night because of the heavy rain and thunder.

However, the teenage decided to ignore his grandmother’s warnings and left the house anyway.

The aunt also said that Marvie was able to walk around one kilometer from their residence through a secluded area where there are a lot of trees before the accident took place.

Quimque told CDN Digital in a phone interview that the boy was on his way home when the accident took place.

The victim’s family believes that the coconut tree could have been hit by lightning at the time of the incident, which caused it to suddenly fall down. 

They also believe that Marvie may have been passing directly by chance and was unfortunately crushed by the fallen tree, which ultimately caused his death.

The body of the victim was discovered on the morning of Thursday, September 21, by a neighbor who was passing by the place where the incident happened.

Hi, my name is Mark Capicinio. At 11:20 p.m. one night I decided to climb a coconut tree. However I outbalanced myself and fell. My friends took me to the hospital where I later died. 

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1678875/man-dies-after-fall-from-coconut-tree-in-batangas

A 39-year-old man died Tuesday when he fell from a coconut tree in Malvar town in Batangas province.

The Batangas police reported Wednesday, Oct. 12, that Mark Capicinio climbed at 11:20 p.m. a coconut tree in Barangay San Fernando.

Jimson Balero, Capicinio’s companion, said the climber was outbalanced and fell to the ground, the police report showed.

Balero and other residents took Capicinio to the Ospital ng Lipa in Lipa City where he died.

The police will investigate the victim’s death and subject his body to a post-mortem examination.

Hi, my name is Eloisa Gentugao. My partner Arcel Royo and I got into an argument because he was jealous of me. In his anger he put my little dog out on the roof. I crawled out to save him but the roof gave way and I fell to my death. My partner is being charged with reckless imprudence resulting to homicide.

https://mb.com.ph/2023/8/17/woman-dies-from-falling-off-roof-trying-to-save-dog-in-caloocan

A woman died after she allegedly fell from the roof of her house trying to save her dog in Barangay 176, Bagong Silang, Caloocan City on Wednesday evening, Aug. 16.

Col. Ruben Lacuesta, Caloocan City Police Station (CCPS) chief, identified the victim as Eloisa Gentugao, 28, residing at Phase 10, Vitarich, Package 3, Block 75 Lot Excess, Barangay 176.

Investigation disclosed that the incident happened at around 9:57 p.m. on Wednesday in the victim's house after she and her partner, Arcel Royo, 24, of Tondo, Manila, got into a heated argument allegedly because of jealousy .

Police said that Royo took Gentugao's dog and placed it on the roof of the house prompting the victim to climb and save her pet.

The roof reportedly gave way causing the victim to fall to the ground.

She was brought by Barangay 176 rescuers to a hospital where she was declared dead on arrival at around 11:29 p.m.

Citing the statement of a witness, the CCPS said they are looking into the possibility that Royo pushed the victim from the roof which led to her death.

Police said that Royo was arrested and will be charged for reckless imprudence resulting to homicide at the Caloocan City Prosecutor's Office.  

Hi, my name is George Mayol. I have a Doberman that I love very much but sometimes he gets aggressive. In May 2022 he bit me so bad I needed 59 stitches. I would have died if no one had heard me screaming. My friend and my brother told me I should get rid of the dog but I just couldn't because I felt bad for him. Also I live alone and they kept me company. 

But one day when I was all alone acting as caretaker the dogs attacked me and killed me. After a few days of not seeing me around my neighbor came looking for me. That is when they found my body covered in bites and my clothes tattered. 

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/530176/dead-man-found-inside-hut-in-talisay-city-family-believes-victims-dogs-attacked-him

A dead man who was believed to have been attacked by his dogs, was found inside a small hut in Sitio Molila, Barangay Lawaan 1, Talisay City, Cebu on early Thursday morning, September 28, 2023.

The man was found motionless inside a small hut used as a restroom located a few meters away from a hut where he sleeps at around 7:00 a.m. 

Police Corporal Clifford Lerio, the investigator from the Talisay City Police Station, identified the victim as 63-year-old George Mayol.

He added that they responded to the scene after receiving a report at around 8:20 a.m. about a dead body.

In his report, Lerio stated that upon the arrival of the responding officers, personnel from the Talisay Emergency Medical Services (EMS) assessed the scene and found that the victim had no signs of life.

Mayol was reportedly living alone inside the compound of a land owned by his family as its caretaker.

One of the victim’s neighbors, “Boboy,” said that the Mayol was last seen alive on Monday, September 25, at around 8:00 a.m. when he gave him his favorite bread that he requested.

A few days later, the neighbors noticed that Mayol had not been going out of his house and they grew concerned.

Due to this, Boboy said that a few neighbors went inside the compound early on Thursday to check on Mayol.

However, they found him inside the hut with his clothes in pieces while his dogs were running around the compound.

Boboy said that because of what they found, they suspect that Mayol was attacked by his dogs, particularly his Doberman who has a history of being violent. 

He narrated that that particular dog had bitten Mayol last July 2022 wherein he had to get a total of 59 stitches.

Boboy stated that Mayol escaped the near-death experience after a neighbor heard him screaming for help and came to his rescue.

After the incident, Boboy advised the victim to send his dogs off or bring them to the city pound but was refused as Mayol felt bad for them.

Boboy said that because of what they found, they suspect that Mayol was attacked by his dogs, particularly his Doberman who has a history of being violent. 

He narrated that that particular dog had bitten Mayol last July 2022 wherein he had to get a total of 59 stitches.

Boboy stated that Mayol escaped the near-death experience after a neighbor heard him screaming for help and came to his rescue.

After the incident, Boboy advised the victim to send his dogs off or bring them to the city pound but was refused as Mayol felt bad for them.

The victim’s younger brother, Rodrigo Mayol, said that he also warned his brother about the dog’s behavior and advised him to give them up.

However, his brother who has always been a dog lover, greatly treasured his dogs who became his company while living alone and chose to keep them. 

Rodrigo said that he also suspects that it was the dogs who attacked his brother and caused his untimely death based on the state he was found in.

"In my opinion, he was attacked by his dog. Because he attacked his dog twice," he said.

"I looked here, his shorts are tearing his shorts. He tore a lot of his clothes because he was injured and eaten," he added.

According to Rodrigo, they will not be putting the dead man under autopsy believing that he died because of the attack by the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment