Monday, October 9, 2023

I Stopped A Truck From Illegally Dumping Garbage

While out for a run one recent afternoon I saw a truck filled with garbage pull up next to a local illegal dumpsite. It was very obvious what was about to happen so I whipped out my camera and fired up the video. 


After some hesitation he drove off. 

About a mile up the street are two large trash bins which he must have known about since that is where the driver left his garbage. 




Why do people do this? The garbage truck comes around twice a week. They will even take leaves which deprives those who illegally burn their yard waste of no excuse. Certainly they would take those bags and styrofoam bars.

I am certain the driver knew about these two bins because he did not offload his garbage at the other illegal dumpsite which is just up the street. Of course I could be wrong. But the question remains. Why do these people illegally dump their garbage? And in the middle of the day no less!

No comments:

Post a Comment