Thursday, August 31, 2017

Water Turned off in the Middle of A Shower

I was in the middle of a shower when the water cut off. So I shouted down, "Hey I need the water!"  "No one is using the water," came the reply.  That's when it hit me in an instant and everything became clear.  Just an hour ago while walking the dog I saw the water service truck pass by towards the well.  Obviously they were doing some work and had turned off the water.  

Fuming and wet I slid back into my sweaty workout shorts and biked on over to give them a piece of my mind.

"What's going on?  Why did you turn the water off?  I was in the middle of a shower!," I shouted my body now wet with sweat and scummy with dry soap.

"Oh sorry sir.  We turned it off for safety reasons."

"What safety reasons?"

"We are welding sir and need to keep the pump engine safe."


Now what is this guy even talking about?  They are welding a tow latch which has nothing to do with the water pump engine.  Take a look at how far away the engine is from where this guy is working.


It's housed inside a tiny building.

What safety risk is there?  Seems dubious. They often turn off the water for seemingly no reason.  Anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour.

"When will the water be turned back on?", I asked.

"Maybe thirty minutes, sir."

It was a little longer than that but not too long.  Miraculously the water did not run black and greasy when they turned it back on.

Irregular water and electric service.  That is a way of life in the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment