Thursday, December 20, 2018

A Christmas Gift From Garbage Collection

Twice a week the garbage is collected in my neighbourhood. These men ride up and down each street in a large truck overflowing with refuse and take away the bags of trash everyone leaves them. Week in, week out it's always the same, the garbage men take the garbage.

Imagine my surprise when this week instead of taking from us as usual the garbage collectors decided to give to us. 


For some reason this envelope was empty. Why? I don't know. Who gives an empty envelope as a gift? Usually an envelope is filled with a card or some cash but this envelope had nothing. Maybe they forgot the gift which was supposed to be in the envelope? 

I will have to bury this sad empty envelope at the bottom of a trash bag so they don't see it when they come to collect the garbage next time. After all I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings since I had to reject their gift.

Merry Christmas indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment