Wednesday, January 8, 2020

The ATM Apocalypse

Never take anything for granted in the Philippines. Just because the ATM's have been online and there have been no long lines the past 20 times you used them does not mean the 21st time will be the the same. It's not the end of the world when ATM's are offline but it sure is inconvenient. The lack of ATMs at convenience stores like iMart and 7-11 is also inconvenient and I am sure their absence is due to fear of robbery. Can't trust anyone in the Philippines!

I was eager to withdraw my money and quickly get all my errands done. What a disappointment when I came upon this scene.



Thankfully there are two banks in the area close by. First up Metrobank.


Offline. No good. BDO is just down the sidewalk.



Both of them are out? Both! There is a Metrobank ATM across the street. Maybe that one's online.


Well it was online but I did not have time to wait in that line. It was just as long as the one at SM and since I was meeting someone at SM I returned there to wait in line. The wait wasn't so long. Sometimes you get an old lady who checks her balance two or three times and has no idea what she is doing. There was also money in the machine when my turn came. Like I said it wasn't the end of the world but it was sure inconvenient and in the Philippines conveniences are often turned on their head.

No comments:

Post a Comment