Monday, April 8, 2019

Several Huge Stacks of Speakers

On a drive into the local barangay to print some documents I saw huge several huge stacks of speakers each blaring different music at different levels. 




My first thought was it was a pretty odd sight to see being that there is no fiesta and the stacks are all separated at a good distance from each other. No one was dancing. No one appeared to be in a party mood. What could possibly be the point then? Just makes things more noisy. But it turns out there was a fiesta happening. Usually the speakers are set up in the public gym because that is where all the activity takes place. Why they were set up in the street at intervals I have no idea.

I did not consider it at the time but on the way home it suddenly occurred to me that this must be the source of the loud boom-boom-boom I had been hearing all weekend. In the first set of speakers there is a part painted green and in person they looked like missiles. Very fitting since these speakers are calculated to blast noise straight through the air and into your ear thus destroying any peace and quiet you were enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment