Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Sugarcane Truck and Car Accident

Traffic was backed up and moving slow and I couldn't take it any longer. My destination was just up ahead past the next light. At this speed I figured I walking would be faster so I said, "I'm going. Just meet me up there." Because there are no sidewalks I was forced to march on the edge of the road squeezed between traffic and businesses. Motorcycles attempted to sneak on by. One false move and I could have been squashed.

Finally I reached the light and the cause of all the traffic problems was revealed.



An empty sugarcane truck and a car had gotten into an accident. No one was hurt and the drivers and occupants of both vehicles were standing off to the side as the PNP took pictures and noted the scene.



From the looks of it the truck got a little too close to the car and its wheel smashed the side mirror and took off the front bumper. Or maybe the car got a little close, sheared its bumper, and then the truck smashed the mirror. It's hard for me to tell and I didn't ask at the scene. Someone dun goofed that's for sure.


It's strange that an empty sugarcane truck was involved in this accident. I am always on edge waiting to see an accident with a full truck which has spilled all its overflowing contents onto some hapless driver crushing him in an instant. 

Maybe one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment