Thursday, June 6, 2019

Hi, My Name Is...

Let's meet some new friends. Foreigners and locals.

Hi, my name is Birgitte Kallestad. While visiting the Philippines I rescued a cute little puppy. He bit me when I played with him. So cute. After returning home to Norway I began to feel sick. No one thought it had any relation to the tiny puppy bite. No one thought it was rabies. What is rabies anyway? There's no rabies in Norway. The doctors were stumped. That's how I became the first Norwegian in 200 years to die from rabies.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48226676
It is the first rabies-related death in Norway for more than 200 years. 
Hi, my name is Marvin Balaoro. While hanging out at my place of work on my day off I was shot in the chest by a security guard because he did not like my jokes. I guess that will teach me to hang out at work on my day off.
https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1124896/guard-shoots-wounds-gas-station-attendant-over-bad-jokes
Witnesses said the two were joking around but they were surprised when Perocho got his issued shotgun and shot Balaoro in the right chest.
Hi, my name is Piotr Kmita.  I am an American who visited the Philippines so I could have sex with an underage girl I met on Facebook. Somehow the authorities found out about my plan and I was promptly arrested upon arrival.  Now not only will I be deported but if convicted of a crime I will also have to serve time in a Philippine prison. 

https://www.manilatimes.net/american-pedophile-arrested-at-naia/561030/

Hi, my name is Ewold Horn. In February 2012 I was kidnapped by Abu Sayyaf terrorists while enjoying birdwatching in Tawi-Tawi. For seven long years I remained in captivity not knowing if I would live or die. Looking for a chance to escape like my fellow birdwatcher and captive Lorenzo Vinciguerra who fought off our captives in 2014 I bided my time. Maybe the Dutch government would pay my ransom. Maybe the Philippine military would rescue me. Then one day the AFP and Abu Sayyaf got into a firefight. This was my chance. My captors were too busy fighting to notice me. I made a run for it. But alas they saw me and shot me dead. Seven years of agony and despair ended in my pointless death. And to add insult to injury the Philippine media has decided to showcase my dead corpse to the entire world.
https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/05/31/19/abus-kill-kidnapped-dutch-birdwatcher-military
Hi, my name is Dean Torrefranca. I am a a retired U.S. Marine officer who decided to live out his last days in the Philippines. When my wife died a few months ago her stepson and I could not come to a settlement about the house and cars she left behind. Rather then get lawyers involved we tried to settle our differences at the barangay hall but could come to no satisfactory conclusion. After so many months I was done negotiating. When they came to my house to do more negotiating I shot them dead. Then when the cops came I shot it out with them too. Well I knew this was it and no way was I going to be spending my life in a Philippine jail so I lit the house on fire and continued firing at the cops. One of them hit me causing my death and an hour later the cops retrieved my burned body from the house.

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/234409/ex-us-marine-runs-amok-in-talisay-shoots-dead-stepson-brgy-chief-gets-killed-by-cops

I hope you enjoyed meeting these new friends. Three are dead of course but that doesn't mean you can't say hello and get to know them. The Philippines is a big place with millions of people and many more visit the country each year. There are friends to be made all over the Philippines!

1 comment:

  1. Hoping the AFP comes and rescues you from the Abu Sayaaf. Well when the AFP went to rescue the hostages the ASG took during the Dos Palmas raid the AFP called in artillery where the hostages were kept.

    ReplyDelete