Saturday, June 8, 2019

Picture of the Week: Luigi

When I saw a lady wearing a Luigi t-shirt I knew I needed a picture.  A candid picture.  All the pictures I take, most anyway, are candid.  I did not want her to pose.  I like realism. When I saw my chance I whipped out my camera and took a snapshot.


I do not have a phone. I have a camera. So I cannot take pictures on the sly and when some lady saw me taking a picture she blurted out, "Hey why are you taking her picture!?" 

Shut up!  Gosh!  She totally ruined the moment. Quick on my feet I shot back with, "It's-a Luigi. Everyone knows-a Mario but it's not often you see a Luigi t-shirt."  Something like that. I said it in a Mario voice.  

Don't think I took this picture to make fun of this fat lady selling frozen drinks in front of her house. Not at all.  The fact that she was wearing a Luigi t-shirt really piqued my curiosity. Where did she get that shirt from? Not the mall. No way. This lady lives in the country very far from the nearest mall which is at least 50km away. I have never seen in any mall in the Philippines t-shirts with Nintendo characters. I have never seen a Nintendo character t-shirt with Luigi in all my life. Mario, Link, Pokemon, but never Luigi. 

Maybe it was sent from overseas? Maybe she ordered it online? Does she even know who Luigi is? It's rather funny seeing old people wearing clothing decorated with marijuana leaves. They surely do not know what they are wearing. This seems to be in the same category.

Anyway I think it's funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment