Monday, January 15, 2018

Sto. Niño's Culo

It's time for Sinulog once more.  The festival where Filipinos worship the wooden statue of the child Jesus aka Sto. Niño. 

We have all seen this statue before. But have you seen it from behind? Have you ever seen Sto. Niño's culo?  I have.  It was sticking right out at me as I was pondering which overpriced wilted vegetables to buy from a roadside vendor. (I didn't buy any.)

Sto. Niño's culo
There it is.

I guess it is mostly covered and all you get is a peek at one cheek but any sight of Sto. Niño's culo whether in part or full is sure to bring a blessing into your life. Don't forget Moses was only able to get a sight of God's backside and he was thoroughly blessed so much that his face shone for having seen the glory of the Lord. How much more blessings then from a glance at the backside of God's  only Son?

No comments:

Post a Comment