Saturday, March 23, 2019

Picture of the Week: Is This A Dead Body?

I take so many pictures that sometimes I do not know what to do with them all. Many of them form the substance of what is posted on this blog but many more are hidden away on my hard drive. I did post a series of pictures a few times called Scenes From Life In Filipinoville but I have not kept that up. 

Because I do want to share these pictures I am going to start another series called Picture of the Week. That does not mean the picture will have been taken that week but it will be a picture I want to highlight that week. So let's start it off with this picture I took on March 16th, 2019.


Is this guy dead?

Probably not. The story here is heading into town we passed a spot where an ambulance and a PNP patrol jeep were both parked with EMTs and PNP Officers attending to this man who was sitting up. It looked like one of the EMTs had a clipboard and the other was assessing his vitals. It was a very brief sight and the scene passed in a flash as we hurried into town.

On the way back the jeepney stopped near this man so a lady could alight and I hurriedly snapped this photo. What is going on? He's probably sleeping. Someone likely saw him asleep earlier, thought he was dead, and called the authorities to check on him. Seeing that the man was sound and healthy the EMTs and PNP Officers called to the scene left him where and as he was. That's my guess anyway. 

3 comments:

  1. David,
    Hey Joe from PFB looking to get in touch with you. Has something think you will be interested in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can send an email to philippinesfailblog@gmail.com or send a message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/philippinefails/

      Delete
  2. Will pass it to him. He had a friend pass the other day and went to the burial. He took pictures of the hole and the pile of dirt that was out of sight of everyone. Looks like the cemetery is on a landfill.

    ReplyDelete