Monday, July 8, 2019

Flying Fighting Cocks

I accompanied a friend to the cargo side of the local airport and noticed something strange. Actually I heard something strange.  The cluck of a rooster. I looked around and sure enough there were several boxes of small flightless birds waiting to be loaded onto a large flying metal bird and flown to new destinations.






I don't understand why theses fighting cocks sometimes get packed with their tails sticking out. Seems unnecessary and maybe even painful.

A guy with a badge that read Gamefowl Handler was mulling about so I asked him how many chickens come through here each day.  He said 200-300.  I asked where do they go. He said Manila and all over. So just remember the next time you are on a plane or you see one flying overhead there are likely to be fighting cocks stored in the cargo area on their way to fight or breed in a new city.

No comments:

Post a Comment