Thursday, May 10, 2018

The Old Trash Collecting Lady

She came through the neighbourhood out of nowhere. I was standing outside my house talking to a neighbour and all of a sudden I saw her lugging her bag of glass and plastic over her shoulder like Santa Claus with his sack of toys. She set the bag down next to a tree and wandered off while I brought out some extra glass and plastic bottles for her to carry away.






Where will she go? What will she do with all the bottles? Sell them? It can't be much to live on. I've seen scavengers often enough which indicates there must be a trade in glass and plastic. What else will she do for a living? There is no place for her in the Build Build Build economy. No matter how much a government administration says it is for the people many will always get left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment