Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Dog Covered in Motor Oil

Maybe you read my post "Dog Flowers" and wondered what that was all about. The explanation is that a neighbour's dog died and I returned the corpse to his house. I knocked on his gate to confirm it was his dog (I knew it was because that dog and his friend are always laying in the street in front of the house) and he said it was and thanked me for bringing it to him. Then he said that BOTH dogs are sick which means the owner is letting them both wander the neighbourhood without treatment and with grave risk of infecting everyone's dogs and now one dog is dead from who knows what illness.

The dog that died appeared healthy unlike his friend who is obviously very ill and is covered in mange. 


This dog is so sickly that he cannot even bark properly. His bark ends in coughing wheeze as if he were an old man with emphysema. You can clearly see this dog has very little fur and is riddled with mange.  He probably has other illnesses as well. I am surprised he's not dead.

It is clear to me that the owner does not care much for his dog or else he would at least try to treat him and not let him roam around. But silly me for thinking such a thing. Of course the owner cares that his beloved dog is covered in mange. Just take a look at how the concerned owner so thoughtfully covered the dog in motor oil as a curative.

 


This huge puddle of oil was formed by dripping off the dog.


Wow who knew motor oil could be used medicinally? I'm really confident that covering the dog in motor oil will cure his disease and not inflame the skin or infect any of the numerous open wounds he has. I know any medicine can be unpleasant at first but tomorrow this dog will be right as rain.

Maybe the owner ought to pour a little bleach in the dog's water bowl to kill any internal diseases the dog has.

4 comments:

  1. David, David, David, no one has ever accused Filipinos of being smart and no one ever will at the speed they are going. Every time I want to us the microwave I have to plug it in as they say the number light on the front uses electric yet they will leave every light in the house on. If I want to turn a lamp on I have to bend over and plug it in. If something is connected to an extension cord then it's plug the extension in then turn on each and every little switch on the extension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can judge a society as a whole on the way that they treat the disadvantaged and animals.

    Your Blog lost speaks volumes about Filipinos.

    I'd love to find the owner of that poor dog and smear him with used motor oil. What a disgrace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon,
      My advice would be to get Mocha Uson on the problem. She most likely knows something to suck on that would cure the problem.

      Delete
  3. I noticed a popular breed of dog with Filipinos is Pekinese and Shitz Tzu type dogs. These dogs need brushed daily or fur cut short otherwise it matts up. Have any of you ever seen a well groomed dog in the Philippines of those breeds? Countless times I have watched them wlak their dog down the street acting like they have something special. But when you look at the dog it is a matted mess.

    At present the house across the street has one of those breeds and yes the fur is matted. Add to that it can squeeze through the fence they have up so what is their solution? They put the dog on a leash set the dog on a table outside and attach the leash to an open door and sways in the wind.

    ReplyDelete