Sunday, November 5, 2017

More Fake Honey

Really tired of this nonsense.  Fake honey again.  This time in the mall.  Take a look.







How do I know the honey is fake?  Because honey is not sold in such quantities.  Take a look at that huge container of honey in the first picture. That is ridiculous! Never ever in my life I have I seen real honey sold in a container that huge. It's always small quantities in little jars or bear shaped squeeze bottles.

Now look at the bottom pic.  That is green honey.  GREEN HONEY!!? For 1405 pesos!!??  

The saleslady told me the honey is green because the bees live under rocks. She also said ALL the honey is harvested from the wild meaning that men go from hive to hive in the jungle and take from the bees. No bee farms. What a joke! It's like expecting to harvest a huge batch of wild corn growing in the jungle at random.  The only way to get such huge quantities of real honey or any food is to farm it. 

And how about the second to last pic?  What is that?  I thought it was royal jelly.  Nope! It's honey in some kind of stasis. I don't know I forget exactly what she said but who cares because this stuff is obviously fake. 

Thankfully there was a sample available.


It tasted like not real honey and it looked like not real honey too. It was thick and granular like sugar! The same fake mix of real honey and sugar. Honey does not look like that.

Now it just so happened that before I went to the mall I had bought a small bottle of real honey from a guy I trust and I had it in my bag.  This honey tastes like honey, looks like honey, moves like honey, and I am sure it is real honey.  You shake the bottle and the honey gets a white foam.  Not so for this fake mall honey.  I shook a jar and there was nothing. I was going to pull out my small bottle and show her the difference but I did not.

Here is the information card about the honey.

Health benefits
The food scams in the Philippines are always the same. Filipinos LOVE Western technology like cell phones and basketball but they sure do HATE Western medicine. So the scam is you tell a Filipino that product X is good for your health in so many ways and these gullible folks will throw their money at you. Can you read the picture listing the benefits of pure wild honey?  Here are some highlights:

1.   Improves Memory
3.   Hangover Helper
11. Parasite Killer
17. Shortens the duration of diarrhoea in children
25. A substitue for shaving cream

A SUBSTITUE FOR SHAVING CREAM!!!!???  That is too funny and if I ever made a movie about life in the Philippines it would feature a scene where a guy actually tries to shave using honey. And it would not be special effects.  We would be sure to use real fake honey. Smear it all over his face and give him a brand new razor and have at it.  

The brand of fake honey is "Wise Man's Food Pure Honey."  They do not even have a Facebook page which is odd. Everyone and everything here in the Philippines has a Facebook page. With a zero web presence there is no way to tell who this company is.

The bottom line is stay way from this fake honey seller. Watch this special report on green honey in the Philippines.


1 comment:

  1. I have it on good authority that green honey is made by green bees living under a green rock in a green valley nestled under a green sky.

    ReplyDelete