Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Buying A Lamp

I wanted a lamp for my room.  Something to put next to the couch so I can read easier at night. So I went to the lamp store, picked out a model, tried it out, and decided to buy it. The salesman said to wait downstairs.  

He came down about five minutes later with not the lamp but a box containing parts of a lamp which he was going to assemble!!!


I said, "Hold on what are you doing? Just give me the floor model."

I did not have time to wait for this guy to assemble a lamp and then test it out to make sure it works.  That was the whole reason I went upstairs to test the floor model! It's already put together and I know it works. Of course I want to buy that. And this guy wants to put one together from scratch which includes all the wiring and connections?? Gimme a break! Electric work done in the Philippines is always shoddy. Why take the risk?

He was genuinely surprised that I wanted the floor model. 

Ridiculous. Where else in the world do you go to the store, try the floor model, and then have the guy put one together in front of you instead of selling the floor model which you just tried out? Imagine going to a car dealership and test driving a car and then the salesman says, "Ok we will put in an order for this car and they will build it for you in no time." Or how about testing some speakers and then the salesman says, "Ok let me put one together for you."

Only in the Philippines.

Here is how the lamp looks in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment