Sunday, April 16, 2017

The Salubong is Based on A Lie

What do you get when your celebration of the Resurrection of Jesus Chirst is dictated by the the phases of the moon?

A lot of blasphemy and ridiculous ceremonies that's what.  

Easter is always the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox, March 21. Jesus was crucified on Passover which is always the 14th of Nisan or around the beginning of April in our modern calendar.  There was a sect of early Christians called the Quartodecimians who followed the tradition of the Apostle John and celebrated the Resurrection of Christ on the date of Passover.  After all the scripture says:
I Corinthians 5:7: Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
Not content to commit sacrilege by crucifying themselves in imitation of Jesus Christ, Filipinos go a step further and add sin to sin by attributing lies to the Scriptures.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/04/16/17/filipino-catholics-celebrate-easter-sunday-with-salubong
Catholics all over the Philippines celebrated Easter Sunday with the traditional 'Salubong,' or the reenactment of the Biblical account of the meeting of the Virgin Mary and the resurrected Jesus Christ.
There is no Biblical account of Jesus meeting with his mother immediately after the resurrection. Surely they met later on.  He did show himself to 500 people. But his mother is not specifically mentioned.
I Corinthians 15:4: And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
I Corinthians 15:5: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
I Corinthians 15:6: After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
I Corinthians 15:7: After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
I Corinthians 15:8: And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of 
As for who is the first person Jesus met the Gospel states unambiguously:
Mark 16:9: ¶Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
 Jesus appeared first to Mary Magdalene. End of story. Salubong is a lie.

So where does this idea the Jesus appeared to his mother first?  Tradition. It comes from the traditions surrounding the growing worship of the Virgin Mary.  The many accolades and events attributed to her (the immaculate conception, Queen of Heaven, Co-Redepmtrix, the assumption and dormition, her perpetual virginity, her presentation in the temple) are all based on traditions related to her worship and have no basis in the Bible whatsoever.

The rooting of these doctrines in tradition is wholly acknowledged by the Roman Catholic Church.
The Gospels relate that our Lord appeared first of all to St. Mary Magdalene (cf. Mark 16:9), but there is a tradition among many saints and theologians that prior to this apparition, the good Jesus had appeared to his Mother Mary.
http://newtheologicalmovement.blogspot.com/2011/05/did-jesus-appear-first-to-his-mother.html
The theologians of the Church know the scriptures because they read and study them.  Sadly the laity of the church does not read and study the scripture and is discouraged from doing so.  

The problem with religion in the Philippines is total lack of Bible knowledge. 

I encourage everyone to read the scriptures and to reject these man-made traditions.  Jesus himself told us to read the scriptures.
John 5:39: ¶Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Let us hear the testimony of the transformative power of the Scriptures, the Word of God, from the greatest of all  Catholic Saints, St. Augustine.
So was I speaking and weeping in the most bitter contrition of my heart, when, lo! I heard from a neighbouring house a voice, as of boy or girl, I know not, chanting, and oft repeating. ‘Take up and read; Take up and read.’ [’Tolle, lege! Tolle, lege!’] Instantly, my countenance altered, I began to think most intently whether children were wont in any kind of play to sing such words: nor could I remember ever to have heard the like. So checking the torrent of my tears, I arose; interpreting it to be no other than a command from God to open the book, and read the first chapter I should find… 
Eagerly then I returned to the place where Alypius was sitting; for there had I laid the volume of the Apostle when I arose thence. I seized, opened, and in silence read that section on which my eyes first fell: ‘Not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying; but put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, in concupiscence.’ [Romans 13:14-15] No further would I read; nor needed I: for instantly at the end of this sentence, by a light as it were of serenity infused into my heart, all the darkness of doubt vanished away.”
https://aureliusaugustinus.wordpress.com/2007/12/04/tolle-lege-take-and-read/

No comments:

Post a Comment