It's your weekly compendium of foolishness and corruption in the Philippine government.
| https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/2229188/56-lto-personnel-charged-in-internal-cleansing |
The Land Transportation Office (LTO) said on Thursday that 56 of its officials and employees are currently facing administrative charges following a widespread “internal cleansing operation” within the agency.
Among the administrative cases filed against the 56 personnel include grave misconduct, serious dishonesty, gross neglect of duty, extortion and falsification of official documents, among others, the LTO said in a statement.
The cases were filed after the agency conducted a widespread “cleansing operation” which resulted in several employees being placed under preventive suspension and eventually removed from their position, it added.
Some, on the other, have been endorsed to disciplinary bodies such as the Central Office Disciplinary Board, Regional Administrative Action Board and the Department of Transportation.
Among those facing administrative cases are a presidential appointee and 34 permanent employees. They were assigned to different LTO offices, including the central office in Quezon City, National Capital Region (NCR), Cagayan Valley, Mimaropa, Central Visayas, Cordillera Administrative Region and Caraga.
The LTO said that 16 job order personnel were also removed from service, while two local government unit auxiliary enforcers and a security guard had their deputation authority revoked.
Two more employees, one from the LTO office in NCR and another from Soccsksargen, received a “stern warning” for their “administrative lapses,” it added.The LTO, meanwhile, said that it will continue to investigate erring employees as it called on the public to report cases of extortion, fixer transactions or other violations.
The Land Transportation Office said that 56 of its officials and employees are currently facing administrative charges following a widespread “internal cleansing operation” within the agency.
| https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/2229338/pnp-axes-7-cops-in-missing-pogo-raid-cash-probe |
The Philippine National Police (PNP) dismissed from the service seven officers linked to the missing money worth several millions seized from a raided alleged Philippine offshore gaming operator (Pogo).
The dismissal was stipulated in Special Order No. NHQ-SO-DS-2026-4478 and General Order No. NHQ-GO-DS-2026-2576. Both were effective May 12 and dated May 13.
The general order dismissed a police lieutenant colonel, while the special order dismissed a police executive master sergeant, a senior master sergeant and four patrolmen.
In October 2024, the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) raided an alleged Pogo in Bagac, Bataan and confiscated P141.13 million in cash as evidence.
The implicated police lieutenant colonel took custody of the cash evidence in June 2025.
However, when he was reassigned in August 2025, the police lieutenant colonel allegedly did not turn over the cash evidence to the CIDG.
He only turned over the boxes to the CIDG in October 2025.
It was only when the boxes were unsealed by a court order in November 2025 that the police discovered P13.451 million of the money had been supposedly replaced with fake bills.The missing money was then traced by investigators to the six other implicated police officers.
The PNP has yet to detail whether the missing money had been returned.
The Philippine National Police dismissed from the service seven officers linked to the missing money worth several millions seized from a raided alleged Philippine offshore gaming operator.
| https://mb.com.ph/2026/05/15/isabela-city-govt-employee-shot-dead |
An employee of the Isabela City government was shot dead while her husband was wounded by motorcycle-riding gunmen in Isabela City, Basilan on Thursday, May 14.
Police identified the victim as Karen Resurreccion, 48.
Investigation said Karen and husband Nelson were on their way home onboard a motorcycle when the suspects shot them in a remote area of Barangay Lanote.
The suspects escaped and the victims were taken to a hospital where Karen was declared dead from bullet wounds. Nelson was transferred to a private hospital here.
Recovered in the area was 9mm slug.
The Isabela city government mourned the death of Karen, Administrative Assistant IV of the City Accounting Office.
Karen, who worked for the city government for 19 years, will be remembered for her kindness, dedication, and sincere commitment to her work and the people she served, it said in a statement.
“The city government calls on concerned authorities to ensure the swift resolution of her tragic passing and to bring justice not only in this case, but also in all other acts of violence happening in Isabela City. May truth and accountability prevail for the safety and peace of the community.”
Karen was the second family member killed in a gun attack within one week.
On Sunday, May 10, 60-year-old Gilberto Toledo was gunned down by unidentified suspects while driving a motorcycle in Barangay Lanote, Isabela City.
The victims’ appealed for justice and police are conducting follow-up and manhunt operations.
An employee of the Isabela City government was shot dead while her husband was wounded by motorcycle-riding gunmen in Isabela City, Basilan on Thursday, May 14.
| https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1275191 |
Anti-narcotic authorities arrested a police officer from Basilan province and seized illegal drugs worth PHP13.6 million on Saturday.
The arrested police was identified as alias “Abdul,” 45, a police staff sergeant and a resident of Tipo-Tipo, Basilan.
The Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency-Zamboanga City Office (PDEA-ZCO) said Abdul was arrested in a buy-bust operation around 5:45 p.m. in Sitio Bagong Dalan, Barangay Sta. Maria, this city.
“The suspect was arrested after he transacted illegal drugs with an undercover PDEA agent. Seized from the suspect were two vacuum-sealed bags containing suspected shabu weighing 2,000 grams,” the PDEA-ZCO report read.
The standard value of the confiscated suspected shabu is PHP13.6 million.
Also seized from the suspect were a Glock 17 pistol with 42 rounds of ammunition, a motorcycle, a police identification card and 16 bundles of boodle money.
The suspect has been detained and will face charges under the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.
The anti-drug operation was launched by PDEA operatives from Isabela City, Basilan with the support of different police units.
Saturday’s drug haul is the second-largest seizure of illegal drugs authorities have made in this city this week.
On May 13, police authorities arrested three suspects and seized some PHP34 million worth of shabu in a buy-bust operation in Barangay Zone 4 here.
Another cop has been busted for drugs.
| https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1275280 |
Two enforcers of the Land Transportation Office (LTO) were suspended after they were seen refueling an impounded Mitsubishi Adventure MPV in photos that went viral on social media.
In a statement on Monday, LTO Chief Assistant Secretary Markus Lacanilao said the two enforcers were inside an undisclosed impound lot of the LTO when the incident happened.
“There is no space at the LTO for any irregularities, abuse, or the use of government resources for personal reasons,” Lacanilao said.
The LTO has issued a show cause order to both enforcers asking them to appear before the LTO Intelligence and Investigation Division (IID) at the LTO Central Office.
Both enforcers are part of the LTO Law Enforcement Service.
“We ordered immediate action to ensure that all allegations are investigated fairly and in accordance with the law,” he said.
While the photos of the two enforcers did not immediately indicate what they were doing, he said siphoning gasoline or any actions that indicate the use of government resources for personal reasons could be considered a violation of Republic Act 3019, or the “Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices Act.”
In addition, both enforcers will be investigated for possible administrative violations under Civil Service rules.
He called on LTO personnel to have integrity, discipline, and responsibility and reiterated his ongoing crackdown against corruption in the agency.
He also called on the public to continue reporting any suspicious incidents, especially of government corruption, to the LTO.
Two enforcers of the Land Transportation Office were suspended after they were seen refueling an impounded Mitsubishi Adventure MPV in photos that went viral on social media.
| https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/2231354/2-dpwh-execs-in-cordillera-sacked-over-cyclist-death-in-benguet-accident |
Two officials of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) in the Cordillera region were relieved from their posts by DPWH Secretary Vince Dizon following the death of a 13-year-old cyclist in La Trinidad, Benguet.
Relieved were Benguet First District Engineering Office District Engineer Isagani Cayme and Maintenance Section Engineer III Marjory Banao.
Their removal came after the cyclist fell into a ravine along the collapsed and unrepaired portion of the Lamut-Beckel section of the Benguet-Nueva Vizcaya Road in Barangay Beckel, La Trinidad, last week.
The road section had collapsed in November 2025 during Typhoon Uwan but had yet to be fully repaired.
Following the incident, relatives of the victim, residents, and motorists raised concerns over the condition of the road and called for accountability, describing the tragedy as preventable.
In a social media post, the DPWH said the officials were removed due to the lack of adequate road safety signages and traffic control devices, including concrete barriers, along the damaged portion of the road where the victim fell.
Dizon also warned DPWH contractors that failure to comply with strict safety requirements during construction could result in contract termination, blacklisting, and possible criminal charges.
Two officials of the Department of Public Works and Highways in the Cordillera region were relieved from their posts by DPWH Secretary Vince Dizon following the death of a 13-year-old cyclist in La Trinidad, Benguet.
| https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/2231849/police-sergeant-held-for-alleged-lascivious-acts-vs-minor-in-malabon |
A police sergeant was arrested for an alleged lascivious act against a 14-year-old girl in Malabon City, the police said on Wednesday.
The alleged incident took place along Salmon Street in Barangay Longos on Tuesday night, according to Malabon police chief Col. Allan Umipig in a press briefing in Camp Crame.
“The police officer was drunk and touched the young girl’s private parts from behind,” Umipig said, speaking in Filipino.
He explained that, after the incident, the victim had returned home and reported it to her brother.
The victim and her brother then went back to the police officer’s home to confront him.
“Because of that, the suspect got angry and said some bad words at the victim’s brother. They noticed the suspect was grabbing something from his sling bag. So, they were terrified and ran home,” Umipig detailed.
“The suspect followed them home and even got inside. But the victim kicked the door to push the suspect out,” he added.
He identified the implicated police officer as a police senior master sergeant assigned to the Manila Police District Anti-Cybercrime Unit.Umipig did not immediately explain why the victim was near the police officer’s home but noted that their houses were far apart.
The Malabon police chief noted that they confiscated a blue sling bag containing a 9mm pistol with two magazines each loaded with 10 rounds of live ammunition from the suspect.
The suspect was taken into the Malabon police’s custody, awaiting charges for acts of lasciviousness, grave threats, alarms and scandal, and violation of domicile.
He also awaits charges for violating Republic Act No. 7610 or the Special Protection of Children Against Abuse, Exploitation and Discrimination Act; and RA No. 10591 or the Firearms and Ammunition Regulation Act, Umipig added.
A police sergeant was arrested for an alleged lascivious act against a 14-year-old girl in Malabon City.
| https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/2231850/police-corporal-held-for-punching-partners-alleged-lover-in-mandaluyong |
A police corporal was taken into custody for allegedly punching his partner’s alleged lover in Mandaluyong City, the police said on Wednesday.
The implicated cop surrendered to his station commander and was brought to the city police after crossing paths with his foe along Correctional Road in Barangay Addition Hills on Tuesday night, Mandaluyong police chief Col. Reynan Patam said in a briefing in Camp Crame.
“The suspect saw the victim there and yelled, ‘So, you’re here!’ He punched him. The victim ran toward his house, but the suspect followed him. When the suspect caught up with the victim, he punched him again. But, they were stopped,” Patam explained, speaking in Filipino.
“The suspect left, but he returned later on and went to the victim’s house. But, when the victim didn’t go out, the suspect left again,” the Mandaluyong police chief noted.
“The victim allegedly had relations with the police officer’s partner,” he added.
He also noted that the two parties purportedly had a similar confrontation in 2023.
Patam only identified the suspect as a police corporal assigned to the Quezon City Police District Station 15 Tactical Motorcycle Riding Unit; and the victim by his alias, “Mark.”The Mandaluyong police chief made no mention as to the implicated police corporal’s current disposition, but he noted that the latter was awaiting cases for physical injury and grave threat.
A police corporal was taken into custody for allegedly punching his partner’s alleged lover.
No comments:
Post a Comment